[O/C]Kingwin EZ-Connect USB3 Adapter Review

The Kingwin EZ-Connect Superspeed USB 3.0 (USI-2535U3)adapter fits in a niche for computer users that want to quickly and easily connect an external hard drive to their computer without having to go through the hassle of a full external drive case. Personally, I love products like this because I don't leave my external drives plugged in and running for long when I do use them. Since this utilizes USB3, instead of USB2, your transfer times should be drastically reduced, making it great for larger...

... Return to article to continue reading.

2. Thanks!

Know Nuttin (01-27-11)

Quote Originally Posted by Overclockers.com View Post
    The Kingwin EZ-Connect Superspeed USB 3.0 (USI-2535U3)adapter fits in a niche for computer users that want to quickly and easily connect an external hard drive to their computer without having to go through the hassle of a full external drive case. Personally, I love products like this because I don't leave my external drives plugged in and running for long when I do use them. Since this utilizes USB3, instead of USB2, your transfer times should be drastically reduced, making it great for larger...

... Return to article to continue reading.
    Thanks.

WRT to the comment
    The only down side is that at $29.99 there isnít any price advantage versus buying a dock or full enclosure.
    There is if you want to use a Blu-Ray burner with it as well. USB 2.0 won't keep up with a Blu-ray burner at 8x and above (36MB/sec max).
    I have the ByteCC BT-380 but am awaiting my USB 3.0 pcie adapter to arrive to test with a hard drive.
    AMD Phenom II X4 965BE, Asus M5A88-V Evo, 8GB Mushkin Blackline DDR3-1600 , Coolermaster Hyper212+, OCZ Vertex Plus 60GB, Seagate 7200.11 500GB, Antec EA-380
    Lenovo X200, P8400 C2D, 8GB, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3.

ASCII Moderator
    Overclockers.com Lead Editor

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile
    i was referring to usb3 products only, as linked. This adapter at 29.99 is more expensive than several usb3.0 full enclosures, and very close to the same price as some Docks. It really comes down to your specific needs as to which might better suit you
    ______________________________/\/\__________________/\/\_____
    _______/\/\/\/\__/\/\/\/\____/\/\____/\/\/\______/\/\/\/\/\__
    ____/\/\/\/\____/\/\__/\/\__/\/\________/\/\______/\/\_______
    _________/\/\__/\/\/\/\____/\/\____/\/\/\/\______/\/\________
    __/\/\/\/\____/\/\________/\/\/\__/\/\/\/\/\____/\/\/\_______
    _____________/\/\___________
    once you clock you can't go stock
    [RHCSA, RHCE] || articles || folding stats || overclockers last.fm group