• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]Kingwin EZ-Connect USB3 Adapter Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

The Kingwin EZ-Connect Superspeed USB 3.0 (USI-2535U3)adapter fits in a niche for computer users that want to quickly and easily connect an external hard drive to their computer without having to go through the hassle of a full external drive case. Personally, I love products like this because I don't leave my external drives plugged in and running for long when I do use them. Since this utilizes USB3, instead of USB2, your transfer times should be drastically reduced, making it great for larger...

... Return to article to continue reading.

The Kingwin EZ-Connect Superspeed USB 3.0 (USI-2535U3)adapter fits in a niche for computer users that want to quickly and easily connect an external hard drive to their computer without having to go through the hassle of a full external drive case. Personally, I love products like this because I don't leave my external drives plugged in and running for long when I do use them. Since this utilizes USB3, instead of USB2, your transfer times should be drastically reduced, making it great for larger...

... Return to article to continue reading.

Thanks.

WRT to the comment
The only down side is that at $29.99 there isn’t any price advantage versus buying a dock or full enclosure.

There is if you want to use a Blu-Ray burner with it as well. USB 2.0 won't keep up with a Blu-ray burner at 8x and above (36MB/sec max).
I have the ByteCC BT-380 but am awaiting my USB 3.0 pcie adapter to arrive to test with a hard drive.

i was referring to usb3 products only, as linked. This adapter at 29.99 is more expensive than several usb3.0 full enclosures, and very close to the same price as some Docks. It really comes down to your specific needs as to which might better suit you

Back