• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UPS Network Shutdown

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreenJelly

I own an APC 3000, they offer a APC Network Management Card which does what I want but at over $200.

http://www.google.com/products/cata...og_result&ct=result&resnum=3&ved=0CEYQ8wIwAg#

The thing is, I am running a Windows 2003 Server and I was wondering if anyone knew of software that would do the same thing. I am interested that if the power goes out and the server is told to shut down due to the UPS, that it would notify other computers on the same UPS to shut down.

Ive looked but I have not found out any software that allows for this.

I'm sure you could write a script to do it. Off the top of my head I could come up with a script for linux using ssh pretty easily, but I'm not sure how to do it in the windows world.

Im not very familiar with the windows API, and the last time I used it (which was a long time ago), it was mostly undocumented.

Back