• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OEM AMD Phenom II x6 1045t OC

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ekoh

So i recently came across a 1045t (from a "broken" OEM system) Its a Phenom II x6 1045t. Locked multiplier @ 13.5. I am running 8gigs of G.Skill Sniper 1600 DDR3. Supposedly this ram can kick up to DDR3 1880's on the closk, i've tried to kick up the fsb to see what I can get while pushing the ram to 1700s on clock, and i cannot get it stable. I have since dropped the ram down to ddr3 1333 and with upping the FSB (since the multi is locked) I have been able to get 3.5 stable with 32*c @ semi-load. So temps seem to be okay. Voltage @ 1.284v. (FSB @ 264x13.5 ram @ 1333mhz)

I'm happy w/ 3.5 on an OEM locked multi CPU, any idea how I could squeeze some more juice out of it with my ram @ higher clocks. Or will i really miss the difference between 1333 vs 1600+?

Any input would be great! Thanks

% wise 3.5 is a great overclock... you lucky dog, you got a free 1090t in effect... who cares if its stuck at 3.5 haha...

HTRef at 26x is pretty high, some mobo will do 300, not all, what mobo r u on?

% wise 3.5 is a great overclock... you lucky dog, you got a free 1090t in effect... who cares if its stuck at 3.5 haha...

HTRef at 26x is pretty high, some mobo will do 300, not all, what mobo r u on?

Im on mobo in my sig, my HT Link is running @ 2300ish. Here is a screenie of CPUZ.

ff0f0g.jpg

xmpro0.jpg

20t3wxg.jpg

is it safe to say im running safe?

:comp:

That cannot be right, i use HWmonitor but there is no way you got the cpu to 90C and I'd be shocked if you had it as low as 23C as a HIGH reading...

EDIT: Your on H20 and your not really loaded, run P95 with small FFT for an hour and post readings then

On the same note it looks like you have ALOT of room to add voltage if you so desired, my x4 sits higher voltage than that!

lol the 90* C is tj max, thats what it will shut down @. As far as my temp readings. My ambient in my office is roughly 60-65. Its very cold in here. 23 is @ idle. It hits roughly 43 on p95 after about an hour. Ill post pics here ina bit.

Then you are no where near the thermal limit, looks like you could add voltage to try and get past 3.5Ghz pretty safely, id be wary above 50 and call it quits at 55...

looks like although there is quite an offset from coretemp. I went into bios and looked at what it is reading. Bios reads CPU @ 36 on idle after about 30 mins sitting in bios. Although BIOs reads the temp from under the CPU socket while coretemp reads the actual cores temp. Not sure which on matters more if thats the case there is roughly a 15* offset which would put me around 50-55 on full load with p95. so maybe im at a safe "wall" per say.

That CPU will let you know when it's too hot because almost regardless of how much voltage you add it'll become unstable. ;)

Your CPU has the same "AMD safe" voltage ranges of the other X6's, 1.225-1.425 vCore and 1.050-1.175 cpuNB VID. (I checked before I posted, since I've never seen one of these before.) You're a far cry from that at this point. I say put it on 1.35 vCore with a 1.15 cpuNB and see how far it'll clock! :) It's voltage that causes most of the heat, not speed, and with your voltage that low I doubt you'll run into heat problems. If I remember right, Dolk got 300 MHz out of his M4A89GTD so it's just a matter of how far the CPU will go.

QuietIce,

Crazy! I just realized i have been sitting on 1.25cpu/NB Vid, that may have been bad, i've jumped down to stock clocks for now. With that cpu nb vid i didn't see any heat issues or stability issues, but i would rather work just with upping cpu V's. That 3.5 was hit (shameful) with Asus turbo EVO. I wanted to see what it would take me to and i would work off of that, not sure why it took my cpu nb vid past the spec. threshold (doubt it knows it though).

I got a feeling though, that with that low of voltage i was on with 3.5, i can hit close to 300 to get a 4.0 clock. 297 to be exact. I used to run my old x3 @ 1.425 cpu vid daily with no issues. Plus im on h20.

So , i guess when i get off work today ill work on it again. Any input is welcome!

update:

Curently prime 95ing,

@ 3.72 (275*13.5) 49*c on CPU 36*c on Core(s)
Cpu VID -1.39 CpuNB VID - 1.15

HTT Freq and NB Freq on Auto (running at stock 2000mhz) t he last thing i will touch for this run.

stock ram timings are 9 9 9 24 , i've had to go down from ddr 1600 ot 1066 but with oc @ 1400's so i've tightened to 8 8 8 22,

running my HT link and NB Freq @ 2000mhz stock wont pose any issues will it if this prime runs full stable for a few hours @ 3.72 , will it?

Last edited:
A higher cpuNB speed can help stabilize the CPU if it's over 3.6 GHz so if you have some instability, raising the cpuNB to 2200 might help.

With the X6's it often helps to keep the HT Link and cpuNB at the same speed, though not always.

so far 2hrs and I havent had any issues. peaking cpu @ 52 core @ 37 *c. Cpu freq is @ 2\200 and HT Link @ 2200. I hit 2 hrs previously with them @ 2000, but i upped them just in case. I should've probably left them. no need to up if not needed, but eh what the hell why not i guess, just puts me in more of a "safe zone" per say.

I guess next i could do is either go higher to try to hit 4 which seems def doable, or i could chill with 3.72 for now to see how everyday computing goes after p95. OR i could see how much i could back the voltages down and stay stable, although im only @ 1.35 and 19 on core and 32 on cpu *c on idle. which is def. safe.

Didn't assume you had stolen anything... I think i stole "the rig" from about 20% of the users on this site haha

Im interested in this thread , thanks to you guys. I just bought a 1045t. Im curious if ekoh is doing all this on stock cooling and how high would you suggest i go for everyday gaming and hd streaming on stock cooling.

The thread you resurrected is ancient and there is no way he would be getting those cool temps on the stock cooler.

The first thing you need to do is check the temps at stock voltages and settings. Download and install two free programs: Prime95 and HWMonitor.

Open HWMonitor on the desktop and leave it open while you run the Prime95 blend test for 20 minutes. You want to see what "core" temps are (the most important if they seem to be accurate) and "CPU" temps.

Post back with results. This will give you an idea of how much if any headroom you have for overclocking on the stock cooler. Usually there isn't. We know that this generation of AMD CPUs tended to develop instability when core temps begin to exceed mid 50s c.

Old threads need good reading if they are to be opened again. "ekoh" is on Corsair H60 mini water loop and had computer in an office that was 60 to 65c and cold all the time. Hence he had very good results.

ok i sorta jumped the gun and did the test at 3.4ghz , i believe my cpu is 2.7.

n3s52.jpg

I re did the test for 10 minutes and those are the numbers hwmonitor showed

Last edited:
Back