• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dirt Cheap Windows 7 keys

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rooster35236

Registered
This is my 1st post here, I just came across a website that claims to sell Windows 7 keys for unbelievably cheap. For example, Win 7 ultimate key for 25.99?!?! the site also said that they would provide you with a link for a clean torrent download. (I'm not going to say the name of the site unless someone really wants to know, because I tried to post this on another board and someone thought I was spamming. lol) I am extremely curious to know if this is legit or if it's just a scam to get 26 bucks out of me.

They are most likely MSDN generated keys.

They will work until MS find out about it and flags the key.

Beware of any unofficial channels for windows 7 that sell it for too cheap. There are VERY good counterfeits out there. I've gotten one before and only months later found the key to be no longer working.

http://www.microsoft.com/howtotell/

Not legit, but not necessarily a "scam" either. Sites like these exist for keys for other software as well, and you can probably win a bet that they're not sourced in a legal fashion.

EDIT: And then subject to deactivation ala TiZakit.

The website says their key will allow for all updates and MS customer service, there was one thing that was weird "Our windows 7 key is 100% Genuine, you can purchase the key with PayPal on our site, But Notice, When you change your mainboard, The Key will fail. Meet this situation you must buy a new Key. If the you have a Problem, Please email us. Our Service mail is [email protected]"

Yep, sounds like a MSDN key to me.

It isn't legit, but is workable. Just don't expect it to work forever.

This is quoted for truth.

And with that said, this thread is done with as it is against the terms of Microsoft's licensing to sell MSDN Licenses.

<<<<click>>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back