• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 890FXA-GD70 for AMD 1100T CPU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
A good choice? More like an epic choice. That thing is overkill for 99% of people. It's amazing but many of it's features won't be fully used. It's a great board and if you can afford it, by all means get it. But unless if your doing triple Xfire or even quad Xfire, it'll be overkill for you.

:welcome: to OCF!

If price isn't being considered then, yes, it should work well with an 1100T.

If you're buying it then it's all a matter of what you're going to do with it - but it wouldn't be MY first choice. There are less expensive boards that will overclock just as well and if you're not overclocking then it's serious overkill. ;)

:welcome: to OCF!

If price isn't being considered then, yes, it should work well with an 1100T.

If you're buying it then it's all a matter of what you're going to do with it - but it wouldn't be MY first choice. There are less expensive boards that will overclock just as well and if you're not overclocking then it's serious overkill. ;)

Well it just so happens that someone purchased the last one only hours before my arrival at the store. Maybe things happen for a reason; what did you have in mind?

I'd like to add a couple of ATI-6970's and as for RAM, I have no idea yet. Price isn't really an issue, I just want something that'll still be great years down the road..

If you want quality then I'd go with a high-end ASUS like the M4A89TD or Crosshair IV Formula, if that's not too much money. In my experience high-end ASUS will last years. I run my rigs 24/7 and have a couple of ASUS A8N32's from 2006 still running - over 35,000 continuous hours! :)

In the 50's and 60's Ford and Chrysler would send out 75,000/100,000/150,000 etc. badges to new car purchasers for mileage/longevity of ownership. ASUS owes me one or two badges. :p

You're right about Asus lasting years, I'm actually upgrading from the M2N32-SLI Deluxe which has been pretty loyal. Just did some research on the Crosshair IV Formula, it looks like the winner.

Thanks again.

Back