• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

"failed to connect to target computer"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

I'm still having issues with Sandra 2011. I had to go to safe mode just to get it to install. I also had to tell it not to update dx 11 because that causes it to lock up. Now that it's installed it says failed to connect to target computer. So I did it manually telling it to connect to local computer. It fails to do so. How do you fix this? I've never had trouble with Sandra now all I have is trouble.

i am assuming you are running windows vista or 7. i am not completely up to speed with sisoftware sandra (been years since i have used it) but you might want to check your services (start > services.msc) and see if there is a sisoftware sandra server service (or something similar) and check to see if it is started or not. you might also need to right click and try 'run as adminsitrator' and see if it is able to run with admin privileges.

i am assuming you are running windows vista or 7. i am not completely up to speed with sisoftware sandra (been years since i have used it) but you might want to check your services (start > services.msc) and see if there is a sisoftware sandra server service (or something similar) and check to see if it is started or not. you might also need to right click and try 'run as adminsitrator' and see if it is able to run with admin privileges.

No service I can find. Already tried the run as admin bit no luck, I just deleted it. I was just wanting a bench mark that was A) complete and B) allowed me to compare results to other similar setups. I've never thought much of prime95.

Go to regedit (start > run)

Go to 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SiSoftware\Sandra'

Try Setting 'Use Agent Srv' to 0

Back