• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MSI 790fx BIOS updates

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GreatSaski

I was wondering if I should update my BIOS. I read somewhere that if you're not having any problems, you don't really have to. The last time I did was Jan of last year and last night I went to MSI's site and saw that they've released 7 more updates since then. And IF I do, would I have to apply each update one at a time or does each one have all the fixes from the previous ones, so I would only need the newest? Thanks.

You would just download the latest, not all of them. You should, even if you aren't having problems. MSI has the easiest way of doing it. Download the BIOS and extract it to a USB stick. Open your BIOS and go to M-Flash. This video will show you the rest
. It's very easy to do. One thing though is it'll erase your overclock profiles so remember your settings.

I update my BIOS when I install the board and don't update it again unless they add something I'd like to have or I rebuild the system. The BIOS for my 940BE's board is from April of '09, when I swapped the 9950BE for the 940. :)

Back