• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AMD x6 T1100 @ 54C?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hi,
You might want to have a look here:

http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=596023

This is Dolk's Guide to OC'ing Phenom II's. There's a section on Thuban chips.
Lots of information. Take note of his warnings about the Heat Wall. Thubans are pretty sensitive to heat--he says 55C is an absolute limit, I think.
Thanks I will take a look at that.

Hi,
Still, with WC I wonder at your temps. It's ~26C in the room right now, and my 1090T is running at 3.4GHz, 1.31 Vcore, 51C CPU temp in CPUID HW Mon, 46C core. This is on air with a CoolerMaster 212....in a warm room. I would expect better from water in a cooler environment. Any chance you could get AS5 on your CPU? That's what I'm using. I don't know how much difference it would make.
Actually when I did the tests (100% CPU) it was very warm in my room and the airflow is not optimum where the case is located. I do run the cooler in a push pull configuration which really helps.

Still it is a mystery why 3.9 seems a hard limit. Lowering the multiplier and raising the bus speed does not help, in fact a higher bus speed seems to contribute more to the increase in temp than a higher multiplier. Also I tried to tighten the memory settings but it seems that is not it either.

I have 1600 memory so I set the bus to 800 (x2), I suppose it is possible to set it to 533 (x2), use better timings and then boost the bus speed in conjunction with the multiplier. but I really do not know if it will make any changes.

I tried up to 2.6 on the HT speed, I assume boosting that will not really help, someone any experience with that? I know if I raise it to 3.2 the system does not even boot but I have not tried anything in between.

What I suspect is that with the Biostar board, which is a nice and affordable board and but certainly not a high end board pushing the system with 6 cores simply reaches some kind of a limit.

I was able to run many stress tests with 3.875 Volts but one time I got the BSOD so I had to raise it to 4.0.

Back