• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AVG TuneUp doesn't seem to like my PC..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mario1

Grammer, its my favoriate thing
So after running AVG TuneUp to speed up my PC I ran into some problems.
My PC was so "speeded up", that I wasn't able to open .exe files and etc...
I fixed my .exe problem, but I can't watch YT vids anymore...
When I go in YouTube all I see is a white page with some channel names & pictures on it.
Trying to view some1's channel states that I either have an old FlashPlayer version or my JavaScript is disabled.
I reinstalled the newest version of flash player & etc, but nothing seems to help.
Can anyone help me resolve this problem, because I'm not in the mood to reinstall my OS right now. (Don't have a DVD-ROM so I have to install it from flashdrive..)

Maybe try running System Restore. This is a reason why you don't really run these things because they tend to bork things up. If you aren't able to fix it that way, then I suggest you make a Win7 USB key that you can reinstall Windows from.

AVG seems to be becoming unhinged these days. I had to do a system restore to get back my ability to play youtube vids as well. I attributed the problem to an AVG update and or possible MS update.

AVG seems to be becoming unhinged these days. I had to do a system restore to get back my ability to play youtube vids as well. I attributed the problem to an AVG update and or possible MS update.

Orion,

I installed the new AVG 2011 free edition and saw the "PC Analyzer" module that comes with it. I inactivated it right away. I don't know why they do this because in my experience, registry cleaners or "optimizers" are a recipe for disaster if not used with extreme caution. Otherwise, it's a good program.

Back