• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TA890FXE CnQ setting

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigben6

So i understand i want to disable the amd cool n quiet feature, WHERE do i do this, i cannot find it in the BIOS, is it a windows setting? Anything else in bios i need to disable? Thus far i have run 3.6xx on HTref and 3.8 on multi stable, i need to re seat my hyper 212+ cause even .05v puts me from 49c up to ~56c under P95

The only setting that you will have in the bios on the TA890FXE is the C1E setting*. To disable that you need to go to:

Advanced tab, then scroll down to the CPU configuration and hit enter, then down to C1E and hit enter then scroll to disabled then enter.

As long as you haven't installed AMD cool n quiet drivers for the CPU then you shouldn't have an issue with Cool n quiet for the AMD.

*-ACPI is another function that can control the power used by your system, while I have mine enabled in the bios (I don't want to change it since I installed my OS with it turned on like an idiot and shutting it off sometimes can cause issue's with the OS if it was installed with this turned on in the bios) You can go to your power scheme settings in your OS and turn it to always on if you don't want the system to turn things off, my understanding is this can try and clock down the CPU if the AMD cool n quiet drivers are installed (I have no proof just going off of what I have read) but I always have my power scheme to always on.

In Biostar's version of BIOS AMD Cool n Quiet is called 'Power Now,' it should be in the same section where you found C1E. Disable them both.

penetrecion that is going to fall under the ACPI and if the OS is installed with that disabled there shouldn't be a problem. Some times after the OS has been installed if it is changed then there can be problems sometimes not.

Back