• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

New W7 instal old files?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigben6

So i had to reload W7 cause somehow i got all messed up, good news is that its running lik new again, and hella fast....

I have the old windows files in the folder aptly named windows OLD, just taking up precious space on my 60GB SSD, can i just delete that? Or am i risking anything?

Its actually a lil different in W7, but your link lead me in the right direction so thanks regardless: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7files/thread/2a0973d6-3213-47f4-9efb-1b62d0d2f864

After you’ve used Windows 7 for a while, for example one or two weeks, and you’re confident that your files and settings are back where you want them to be, you can safely reclaim disk space and use Disk Cleanup to delete the Windows.old folder.

1. Click the Start button, type Disk Cleanup in the Search box, and then click Disk Cleanup. (If you're prompted to select a drive, select the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click Next.)
2. Click Clean up system files. (If you're again prompted to select a drive, select the drive you just installed Windows on, and then click Next.
3. Select Previous Windows installation(s) and any other categories of files you want to delete.
4. Click OK and then click Delete Files.

My buddy think my OC is making things unstable... Im currently at 3.4, highest was 3.8 on multi alone.... but i ran 3.8 on p95 small fft for 10 hours, no way can windows updates stress or make it more unstable that p95 can it? I think he is just guessing myself...

Back