• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is there a Windows 7 equivalent of ctrl+scroll wheel?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kayson

My dad is complaining that all of a sudden all of his font sizes on his computer are bigger. I'm wondering if there's a ctrl+scroll wheel thing in windows like there is in firefox where it makes everything bigger but can be easily reset with a ctrl+0. Any ideas?

Resolution and DPI settings. Make sure those are correct/stock.

Is it a new install? Maybe he's not used to the default settings for icon sizes. That was the first thing I had to change in Win7 when I switched from Vista.

Resolution and DPI settings. Make sure those are correct/stock.
That was the first thing that came to mind but there's no way he could even figure out how to get to those settings. I thought maybe a program did it but he hasn't installed anything new. I guess I'll have him check regardless

Is it a new install? Maybe he's not used to the default settings for icon sizes. That was the first thing I had to change in Win7 when I switched from Vista.
He's had the computer for a while and it sounds like its a text enlargement not icons. I'm still trying to walk him through taking a screenshot haha

right click, goto "screen resolution" and then to "make text and other items larger or smaller"

Would be cool if i knew a shortcut (like win+p for changing monitors) that does that,, there may be, I will look and edit this if I find somthin'.

On my windows 7 holding the ctrl key and using mouse wheel the font sizes change , I guess I am not getting your question ..Do you mean reading web page fonts or desk top icon sizes ? ? ?

On my windows 7 holding the ctrl key and using mouse wheel the font sizes change , I guess I am not getting your question ..Do you mean reading web page fonts or desk top icon sizes ? ? ?

On my desktop if i do ctrl scroll wheel it makes the icons bigger but the text stays the same...

It may be a good idea to set him up with a LogMeIn account so you can remote into his computer when you need to.

Walking him through the changes isn't that hard. I walk deep-south people that have no business near a computer. I've seriously been asked if "they should single mash or double mash the critter" (the mouse). I've also been asked where the start button is so many times I've lost count. If I can walk *those* people through the registry successfully, you can walk him through this.

If you have a system in front of you while you help him, it will make it a lot easier.

It may be a good idea to set him up with a LogMeIn account so you can remote into his computer when you need to.

Walking him through the changes isn't that hard. I walk deep-south people that have no business near a computer. I've seriously been asked if "they should single mash or double mash the critter" (the mouse). I've also been asked where the start button is so many times I've lost count. If I can walk *those* people through the registry successfully, you can walk him through this.

If you have a system in front of you while you help him, it will make it a lot easier.

I set him up with skype so I can have him share his screen. it works well enough and fortunately he knows where the start button is

Back