• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best 27' Monitors for Eyefinity? (w/ smallest bezels)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir.Brent

Registered
Hello

What are the best 27' Monitors for Eyefinity (w/ smallest bezels)

I'm thinking Asus VE278Q

Thanks

You certainly wouldn't have have any complaints with this? How many do you plan on getting? I'm currently running 3 Samsung PX2370's, and I have no complaints :D 27's should be crazy!

My Current Baby :rock:

Case - Cooler Master HAF X
PSU - Ultra X4 1600w
Motherboard - ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme
CPU - AMD Phenom II X6 1100T OC (3.8 Ghz) Water Cooled
GPU - XFX HD 6970 OC (x3)
Memory - 16GB CORSAIR Vengeance DDR3 1600 (OC 2000)
Boot SSD - Corsair Performance 3 128GB SATA 6Gb/s
Storage HDD - Western Digital Cavair Black 2TB SATA 6Gb/s RAID 1 (x2)
Sound Card - Sound Blaster X-Fi Fatal1ty

I'm was aiming for the $300-$400 range. Yes, I have a budget. ;)
Also, anyone with this monitor can you tell me the size of the bezels? Thanks!

You can check that on the product description. If you can't find screen size (just the surface where the image is displayed) you can use the Pythagorean theorem but that's not for every one - it requires basic math.

$6K for 2880x900? Thanks, but no thanks.

That money gets you 3 x Dell U2711 at 2560x1440... so that's 7680x1440 if you run them in landscape mode, or 4320x2560 if you run them in portrait mode... Either way you have better resolution and $3K left in the bank.

You want 27" monitors in the $300 to $400 range... That eliminates all non TN monitors... So no Dell Ultra Sharp for you, or any other IPS/PA monitor out there.

Although, for 27 in moniters, the Dell UltraSharp U2711's are close to top of the line, but they are also around a grand a piece... Is price an issue?

That would result in a 7668*1440 resolution!!!

As long as he's ready to spend 2100$ worth of monitors and 1500$ of video cards (quad SLI), sure! :rock:

That bezel looks HUGE would be my problem with that Apple (aside from being overpriced Apple). :p

ressurecting the thread.

I have the VE278Q and must say im impressed with its style. Probably the sexiest bezel you can get too, next to no bezel of course. Im looking into getting a mount for it because the stand is pretty meh.

The colors are pretty good but my whites arent the best (granted i havent done too much tweaking).

That monitor is huge. And I don't mean the screen size, I mean the monitor itself. It's a huge 10" deep curve. I feel a lot of the images of that screen are doctored to not show it's true depth. I mean, you look at an image like this

front1.jpg

it doesn't show any real depth to it. It makes it look like it's a normal, albeit curved, LCD, maybe 2" or 3" inches deep. But looking at the tech specs, it shows a true picture of it

specs_size.jpg

While still a nice monitor and neat idea (and overpriced, I'd never buy one myself), it became much less "fun" when I saw the actual size.

I would suggest getting 3 monitors and taking them out of the OEM bezels and making some sort of aluminum surround for them.

This sounds awesome. 3 32" LCD TV's on the wall :D

Back