• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Problems with XP Pro Original release. Please Help!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rooster35236

Registered
I have an XP Pro original release disk, I'm going to install it on a new system but I read that XP won't recognize a sata drive as a boot drive til sp2 or later.
Is there anyway to create a new disk with the new service packs?

Last edited:
It depends on the controller the drive is connected to, as to whether XP recognizes it or not. If XP doesn't natively support the controller, then you can install the controller drivers on a floppy, then load them via F6 when prompted to do so during Setup. Or you can integrate the driverset via nLite, along w/ the latest SP slipstreamed, then just perform a clean install as you would normally.

Last edited:
there is an option during install to load a third party driver for this if I am remembering correctly

Or use nLite and integrate the Text Mode drivers for the chipset to be recognized during installation (no F6 Floppies!)

:cool:

I have to say I'm a big fan of Win7 over WinXP. Looks like you got a good deal - just make sure it's legit.

Back