• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1090T and MSI 870A-G54 voltage problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DELLmanCze

Registered
HELLO
I overclocked my CPU to 4GHZ trought FSB (200 MHz to 250 MHz multiplied by 16).But i made stupid thing... I Enabled OC Genie and now i cant get more than 3,8 GHz (OC Genie is Disabled). I dont know how to raise NB Voltage to 2.120V but VCore Voltage keep on 1.228V - I can setup it in MSI Control Panel but i need setup it in BIOS (I can setup it in MSI Control Panel but then i get blue death , freeze or instant reboot) . I have screen of my Old Stable setup.
Thanks for Help ekf88l.jpg

Last edited:
Moved to AMD motherboards. What settings have you tried in BIOS?

Also, what are your full system specifications?

Here is the bios item to adjust NB voltage in your owner's manual, circled in blue:

Attachments

• CPUNB_V.JPG
    CPUNB_V.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,126
We could be of more help to you if you would download and install "CPU-z" and anytime you post after making adjustments in bios please include pics of the tabs "CPU", "Memory" and "SPD".

:welcome: to OCF!

HELLO
I overclocked my CPU to 4GHZ trought FSB (200 MHz to 250 MHz multiplied by 16).But i made stupid thing... I Enabled OC Genie and now i cant get more than 3,8 GHz (OC Genie is Disabled). I dont know how to raise NB Voltage to 2.120V but VCore Voltage keep on 1.228V - I can setup it in MSI Control Panel but i need setup it in BIOS (I can setup it in MSI Control Panel but then i get blue death , freeze or instant reboot) . I have screen of my Old Stable setup.
Thanks for Help
I would completely uninstall any OC'ing software (like MSI Control Panel and AMD Overdrive), then reboot the machine - twice.

The voltages you posted seem very unusual so you might want to check your post for accuracy. A 2.12 cpuNB voltage is extremely high and would probably burn out the power circuitry on the motherboard. A 1.228 vCore for any overclock also seems very, very low. I don't think you'll be able to run 4.0 GHz @ 1.228 vCore and I'm surprised you can run 3.8 GHz @ 1.228 vCore. Try a cpuNB of 1.15 and vCore of 1.35 to start.

Thanks for Helps. I havent got overvoltage at NB (BIOS) but Control panel shows it very high and minimal option in control panel is 1.785 and yes my VCore has very low voltage but running stable on 4GHz.(IM in work , ill send CPU-Z Screen Soon maybe BIOS cell menu - When you want).

Any cpuNB voltage above 1.25v for an X6 is extremely high and can burn out the CPU.

I'm not sure about the NB (chipset) voltage for that board but I've never seen an AMD chipset voltage higher than 1.40v for chipsets with built-in graphics and 1.20v for non-graphics chipsets.

I would completely uninstall Control Panel if I were you.

BIOS Screen

Heres BIOS Screen with Voltages CPU NB is at 1.208V and NB voltage at 1.094V
(Control Center shows 1.785) At this time i have 1.235V at CPU

Attachments

• 18022011205.jpg
    18022011205.jpg
    543.6 KB · Views: 1,818
Last edited:
As QuiteIce suggested, completely uninstall any overclocking software.

In your bios (cmos) pics the CPU and the CPU-NB voltage look more appropriate than what you stated they were earlier. I note the CPU-NB voltage is shaded in pink color. Can you change that value at all? Raise or lower it? What happens if you go to that line item and hit the "Enter" key or the "+" or "-" key?

Your overclocking section may have "manual" and "automatic" modes. In order to be able to change the voltages you may have to select the manual mode.

Also, have you done any stress testing with Prime95 to check for stability at 4.0 ghz?

Ok thanks yes i can change value by - and + key and something by Enter.. i can raise or lower all options. No i dont trying Prime95 but the CPU worked for one month without crash (under 4GHz daily about 10 hours). Heh i can try uninstall the MSI Control Panel but i have them only for checking voltage and temperatures. EVEREST or any other Software showing 0*C.. Can overclocking RAM cause any problem ? And Can anybody tell me values of normal Overclock of 1090T or similiar CPU.
Thanks .

Did you try other monitoring programs before you installed MSI Control Panel? It's possible it interferes with other programs. Uninstall Control Panel and try CoreTemp or HWMonitor.

Apparently your computer is not being stressed by the programs you've been running. As long as you don't mind a BSOD or freeze if you stress it then leave it the way it is. It won't hurt anything if it resets. :shrug:

Overclocking RAM can cause instability. As long as you have reasonable RAM voltage settings (not more than 1.65v) you won't harm the RAM by overclocking it.

Last edited:
Thanks very much MSI Control Panel Blocks EVEREST , CPU-Z and other programs. Ill try overclock it back to 4000MHz.

Stange, Ive been playing with the msi control center and it hasnt blocked anything else.

Ok.. I have last question - Now about RAM. how big clock can i set at Kingston Hyper-X 1333MHz CL5 ? i have 1667MHz now, but can i set 1:4 (2000MHz) ? and what that changing (Stability , Damage) ? Thanks.

I'd recommend reducing your RAM multiplier to keep it at or around stock to start. Get the CPU stable at the speed you want to run and then worry about the RAM.

You can overclock the RAM but you will need to loosen your RAM timings to get very far. RAM overclocking helps, but the speed boost does very little and may not even be noticeable. Worry about the CPU first.

Back