• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

One wish for cheap.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Greywalker

For less than $100.00 budget what's the one item you would want as a PC peripheral? I am upgrading my g-card, mobo, ram, I have a decent monitor and better than average sound quality. I've spent my cash and I have a little to spare so I am curious what are the really neat thing(s) you would get?

I did notice the handshoemouse.com and I do have wrist issues from many years of mouse use.

Last edited by a moderator:
a new mouse/KB is always nice to get also might want to look at some nice coolers for your cpu if you overclock it and dont already have a good cooler=))

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on guys; you should know what I just edited out of your posts is inappropriate. If you didn't, you do now. :rolleyes:

Alright, fair enough. I didn't think that far ahead. Never the less, I think it would have been a waste to spend more on ram or a higher-end g-card for my minor needs but I still wonder what really handy tools are available and desirable. I did the math and I have a little more than one hundred to spend but must have is a must ;)

I noticed the SDD's and I am pondering the cost/benefit of online fee backup/encrypt vs buying an external HD to self-store.

Last edited:
I would actually upgrade the cpu in your sig for less than $100. Those new phenom II and Athlon II can be had for under that price.

It should be noted that (tsk tsk) the cheapest Phenom II is only an Athlon IIx4 + 100Mhz. But cheap.

Well, if you read the review (tsk tsk), you'd have seen:

With such a low price-tag, costs have to be cut somewhere. The L3 cache is the one glaring omission from this CPU’s specifications. Basically, this is an Athlon II X4 645 plus 100 MHz. If the X4 645 could be purchased for less than $102, the X4 840 would receive an automatic “fail” from me, since it would be nothing more than sneaky marketing. However, the X4 840 is $16 less than the 645, making it a great value.

:p

Well, if you read the review (tsk tsk), you'd have seen:

:p

Yes. As I said, it is very cheap, but it is an Athlon II x4 + 100 Mhz with a different name.

And I GOT that info... from the review. In the world.

jeremy-clarkson.jpg

I'm a little confused on the OPs ram. So you have a 2x2 kit AND a 2x512 kit? Total of 5 gigs?

You do not need to upgrade your ram then, in fact you might want to take out those 2x512 ones for better overclocking potential and stability. What you do need to upgrade is your cpu, video card, hard drive, in that order of priority with cpu being first.

After re-reading your post it does seem that you are satisfied with your current computer though if I am not mistaken. In that case I apologize for the cpu recommendation. If you are looking for peripherals, then I would find a mouse or keyboard you like and get both. =)

Before I made this thread I purchased a Phenom II Black Ed 965 Quad, a mobo that supports it and offers quality with the expansion I need, and don't forget the 8 gb of g.skill ram I snatched too. I probably will get my shipment from Newegg Monday though I already possessed the the CPU. But thats for the CPU suggestion, I would have upgraded it too if I had not already.

Sorry, repeated post so I edited this to tell you all, I own a horse.

Last edited:
Yeah, it is Black Edition after all, do you guys not hear AC/DC's Highway to Hell every time you power up? Well, mine does and it wears the new Concept 1 foot wear while riding his own horse and fine dining with Chuck Norris.

No, standard heatsink but I troll a local recycling facility to save cash. Once in a while they get a gem in and I may barter a good price, if not there is always newegg so feel free to suggest.

Back