• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com Rosetta Team - March Event 2011 - Sign Up Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baditude_df

Northern Senior
Welcome to the Overclockers.com Rosetta Team -March Event 2011!

You MUST sign up in this thread and be actively crunching in order to participate in the contest, and be eligible for the prize draws.

Event Start date is Monday February 21st. That's right, I want to be in full swing by the time March Rolls around!

Please have BIONC downloaded and running under overclockers.com well in advance to the even start date to avoid problems and stabilize your RAC.

To Download the BOINC manager go HERE.

There will be no set point requirements for this competition, but you must have a sustained minimum RAC (Recent Average Credit) of 500 to be eligible for the weekly prize draws.

Participants will be be recorded as they sign up. RAC will be recorded at each prize draw to determine who's name goes into the draw.
Draws will be done at random.org, and entry confirmation will be provided upon request.

Prizes will be in the form of Electronic Gift Certificates from newegg.com(.ca).
There will be 1 biweekly prize of $50 until we reach 15th place, with more unlockable as certain pre-determined contest goals are achieved!
During the last Rosie RAC Harvest in November, all goals were achieved and all bonus prizes were thrown into he prize pool so make sure to give it all you got!

This just in!
The Generous folks at Biostar, by way of our good friend and forum moderator splat, have seen fit to donate
two of their latest series AMD and Intel motherboards to the cause!

In order to give these puppies away we'll be holding an additional contest throughout the month of March!

This contest will follow the same structure as the RAC Harvest, and therefore be points based.

Each contestant will receive 1 entry into the draw per required amount of points crunched.

The required points per entry will be based on RAC (Recent Average Credit) and categorized per the table below.

RAC <1000 - 3,000 pts per entry
RAC 1000-3000 - 5,000 pts per entry
RAC 3000-5000 - 7,000 pts per entry
RAC 5000-7500 - 10,000 pts per entry
RAC >7500 - 12,500 pts per entry

Total points and RAC for each contestant have already been recorded, and will be recorded again at midnight of the 31st. After which, points will be tallied and entries made per RAC category then randomized by a third party.

Draws will be made on the 1st of April, and entry confirmation will be provided.

For details on these two excellent motherboards, head over to the front page announcement HERE!

Keep an eye out in the Event Status Thread for updates, and to learn more about what this contest is all about!

Forum User name:
BOINC User name:

Sign up only in this thread please! You can discuss the Event over at the Status Thread. Thank you.​

Last edited:
cool another contest! Thanks baditude_df!

Forum User name: xsuperbgx
BOINC User name: xsuperbgx

-MARK-

Superb and Mud added to the roster!

Last edited:
Sign me up, why not. I might as well start doing it again.

Forum name: thideras
BOINC name: thideras

All I need on is help installing the BOINC client on a CentOS 5.5 server. If you got ideas, point me in the right direction via PM (keep this thread clean!). With just my main system, I'll level out around 2.5k RAC, but the server should bring that up to 4-5k.

Forum name: Bobnova
BOINC name: Bobnova

I'm totally down.
Probably be going from 980x to SB a bit before that, so this'll be an interesting test.

Don't think I'll win any prizes, but I'll switch my CPUs to Rosetta and help out as much as i can.

Forum name: Pete Church
BOINC name: Pete Church

-MARK-

All entrants so far added to the roster.
The draws are totally random, so everyone with a RAC of 500 or higher has a chance of winning!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back