• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com Rosetta Team - March Event 2011 - Status Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Just like taking a walk through the park... And I just found out my company may have some hardware (web servers) that they're soon to deprecate and I may be able to leave them on Rosetta even after the contest. So hopefully that pans out, we'll see.

My celery-on 420 is OC'd 101% and folding it's single core heart out.
Big Box of Doom should be up within a couple weeks.
E5200 box de-clocked itself ($30 mobo, oh well), so it got cranked back up again.

C'mom Bob.. we need your points back.. you're dropping off the map here! I certainly shouldn't have passed your old RAC :p

I'm antsy too, I've been benching the celery 420 in pcmark05. That's how desperate I am!

I seems to have a bit of problem getting WUs. I got only 2 in use and none available. Transfer tab shows many pending download, all backed off for another hour. :/

So there are no WU's in your buffer at all? If not, uninstall completely and reinstall. If that doesn't work, then I'm not sure what's up.

Yes I have 10 day buffer set in the preference but it seems like I can't quite get connected with the server. I have several completed WU that are stuck in upload and several WU waiting to be downloaded. I can only make one completed download every hour or so by the message tab. my other PC has hundred of WU but is also stuck on uploading and downloading new WUs.

EDIT just got 5 new WUs now. Could be internet issue.

I seems to have a bit of problem getting WUs. I got only 2 in use and none available. Transfer tab shows many pending download, all backed off for another hour. :/

Looking at KWSN's site and the BONIC site, it appears there are some upgrades and downtime going on.

http://boincstats.com/index.php?pr=rosetta

2011-02-22: SLinCA - SERVER STATUS: Server hardware will be upgraded this week with a short interruption.
During the last weekend we determined the limits of hardware for stable server operation. Our server was stable up to processing ~20 KWUs (with some delays and faults after this value). We would like to thank you for cooperation that allowed us to find these limits. For the further stable scaling-up we will upgrade hardware during this week with a short interruption, which will be announced before this.

http://www.kwsnforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=182706#182706

Feb 23, 2011
Outage Notice: We are going to update our scheduler tomorrow, Thursday the 24th. The project will be offline intermittantly throughout the day.

Ahh yes, I just had a look through my messages and there are definitely some indications that you are right.

I know there was some maintenance done earlier.. it stopped me from uploading work.. but its back up as far as I can tell now

They're having issues from time to time today, I got a couple or errors but have been able to get WUs.

Similar situation here. I got home and switched from SETI to Rosetta to help with the contest. I got some Rosetta WUs and before I had even wound down the buffered SETI WUs (I'm at default settings for that) the last Rosetta WU was processing. When I got down to one idle core, I opened the gate for SETI again to keep everyone busy. Since then some more Rosetta WUs have arrived and I'm winding down the SETI WUs. Rosetta was down for maintenance most of the afternoon and evening yesterday but they seem to be back up and the WUs are flowing.

Edit: Doh! Guess I'm a little behind the conversation!

Just switched my athlon x2 3800+ for an opty 170 @ 2.6, and switch the old opty 14x to the athlon x2 chip.. i should see a few hundred more rac before i level out :)

So how about an update.. seems this isn't being taken so seriously by the forums.. is there another contest we're interfering with? Seems when the folding forum wars take place we get half the distributed community to assist! Guess their prizes are better :p

Anyways.. enough griping.. I'm doing my part!

If my math is right.. we're not getting into 17 anytime soon..

Code:
                          Users        RAC         Total
16	XtremeSystems	726	2,755	84,054,879
17	Team 2ch	         2184	127,757	79,150,040
18	Overclockers.com	278	153,794	74,919,851

To make up the 4million+ gap between us and 2ch while only about 26k RAC ahead of them should take us like 300+ days.. :rain:

I'd say we dropped the ball if no one else is going to step up here.

Last edited:
RL takes priority over Rosetta updates, work is busy.
No body dropped the ball, the front page announcements and front page announcements just haven't been posted yet. I'll get an update on the publishing tonight, but they should be up soon.
What's happening right now is the core team memebers and standbys are getting an early start to the "March" Event. Even though the official start date was the 21st, it always takes at least a few weeks to get things going. Have patience.
Our Team RAC has already risen substantially, and since this is going to be a rather long event, the sky's the limit.
I'll be announcing the first draw winner on march 7th, as that will be 2 weeks after the official start date.

You guys are going to make me buy a third computer, I know it.

Psionic: I'm keeping an eye on your new Opty 170. I can't to see what kind of RAC you get with my old dear beloved. It was my first dualie! Shipping it to you brought a tear to my eye. :cry: :D

Back