• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com Rosetta Team - March Event 2011 - Status Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Okay, I'm going to throw out a challenge of my own, and one that will be funded by myself.

I would like to point out that I currently have the #1 AMD single-physical-core processor on the entire project (my 1090T @ 4.0 ghz 24/7). I would further like to point out that I have the #1 AMD single-physical-core QUAD-CORE processor on the entire project (my 740BE running as a quad core @ 3.6ghz 24/7). This is in terms of raw RAC, not total points accumulated.

My two rigs are both numero freaking UNO in their respective classes.

I challenge all of you to do better!

I will provide a $50 gift certificate to the online retailer of the winner's choice (with the caveat that IT MUST BE AN ONLINE RETAILER DEALING IN COMPUTER HARDWARE, IE Newegg, CrazyPC, Pitlabs, XoXide, TigerDirect, etc.) to the FIRST OCF Rosetta member that can beat me/edge me out in RAC in terms of Best Overall Single-Physical-Processor AMD chip (will probably end up being a hex, I don't see any quads doing this kind of damage) and also in terms of Best Overall AMD Single-Physical-Quad-Core on the Rosetta project.

To give more clarity, if you have an AMD hex core that can get more RAC than my 1090T, I'll give you a $50 gift card to the online retailer of your choice, under the regulations that I outlined above. All you have to do is get higher on the Rosetta Top Computers ranking than my 1090T and you win the gift card. Furthermore, if you have an AMD single-physical quad core (a 955BE, a 970BE, an X3 unlocked to a quad, etc.) that beats my own unlocked 740BE in RAC then you will also win a $50 gift card to the online retailer of your choice, also bound by the aforementioned regulations of this challenge.

In order to collect your prize, you must post back to this thread WITH A SCREENSHOT OF YOUR AMD COMPUTER OUTRANKING MINE IN ONE (OR BOTH) OF THE TWO ALLOTTED CATEGORIES. It would behoove you to capture your screenshot ASAP, because we all know that RAC has its ups and downs. If you can't provide a screenshot showing your user name and my user name on the Rosetta Top Computers chart with your AMD rig beating my AMD rig in the appropriate category in terms of RAC, then no gift card for you.

Further caveats: This challenge is open ONLY as long as the March 2011 Rosetta Event is taking place. This challenge is ONLY open to AMD members' rigs running AMD processors. It is true that this challenge is expected to last for several months, so my personal challenge is open for as long as the March 2011 event runs. If nobody claims either of my two prizes in that time, and the OCF March 2011 event ends, then this personal challenge of mine will be nullified at the same time the OCF March 2011 even ends.

Keep in mind that my challenge is still open even if I experience an extended power outage and you don't. If this event is still going on in October 2011 and nobody has claimed a prize from me, and I have to evacuate for a hurricane and my rigs are both down for three weeks and my RAC falls and one of you beats me out in the respective classes, then you'll still earn your prize... provided you can submit a screenshot as proof.

There it is. Challenge submitted. Gauntlet thrown down. There's money on the line, folks.

Let's do some science!

:comp:

EDIT: Keep in mind that when I keep making reference to "single-physical-processors" I really mean single physical processors running on a motherboard capable of running only one processor. There are plenty of AMD rigs on the project that beat my top rig out in RAC, but they're all Opteron server systems with multiple physical processors on motherboards capable of supporting multiple physical processors, IE 2 or 4 physical procs with anywhere from 8 to 24 logical cores. For the terms of my challenge, these setups DO NOT COUNT!! My challenge is only open to setups running a motherboard running a SINGLE PHYSICAL PROCESSOR.

EDIT x2: To keep everyone honest, including myself, I will accept screenshots submitted by other people who aren't even in the running. IE, if someone notices that Psionic98's 1100T is higher on the RAC chart than my 1090T, then they should post the screenshot in THIS THREAD and I will honor it. Keep in mind that the prize will still go to Psionic98 in this hypothetical example. This will allow the best chance of the prize going to the rightful winner even if the owner of the winning chip isn't near his computer and online at the time that his processor beats out my processor. Someone else can still take a screenshot and submit it in this thread, and the owner of the OCF processor that beats mine will get the gift card.

Last edited:
This just in (for those of you that haven't seen the front page announcement yet)!
The Generous folks at Biostar, by way of our good friend and forum moderator splat, have seen fit to donate
two of their latest series AMD and Intel motherboards to the cause!

In order to give these puppies away we'll be holding an additional contest throughout the month of March!

This contest will follow the same structure as the RAC Harvest, and therefore be points based.

Each contestant will receive 1 entry into the draw per required amount of points crunched.

The required points per entry will be based on RAC (Recent Average Credit) and categorized per the table below.

RAC <1000 - 3,000 pts per entry
RAC 1000-3000 - 5,000 pts per entry
RAC 3000-5000 - 7,000 pts per entry
RAC 5000-7500 - 10,000 pts per entry
RAC >7500 - 12,500 pts per entry

Total points and RAC for each contestant have already been recorded, and will be recorded again at midnight of the 31st. After which, points will be tallied and entries made per RAC category then randomized by a third party.

Draws will be made on the 1st of April, and entry confirmation will be provided.

For details on these two excellent motherboards, head over to the front page announcement HERE!

After finding that CentOS 5.5 absolutely hates BOINC in any way, shape or form, I had given up on trying to get it to crunch points for me. Earlier tonight, I had realized I looked over a major factor of the server. It runs Windows VM's...

/facepalm

Just added my server. Not much power from an AMD Phenom X4 I 2.6GHz, but it will do better than being idle.

I was lookin for a way into Sandy Bridge ... That's awesome Thank you very much BioStar.... Did I mention that I run a BioStar TH55 HD for my 1156 i3-550 ;-) Great HIGH quality MotherBoard ... :-D

And a big thanks to Pete Church for making our fourth member donation to the Event.
Hats off to you sir!!!!
:santa:

Update Time!

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-18-Feb-11: [COLOR="Lime"]143,265[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]145,378[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]162,753[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Cyan"]19,488[/COLOR] in 14 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]3rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-18-Feb-11:[COLOR="Lime"] 73,704,817[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]74,115,400[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]75,998,456[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Cyan"]2,393,639[/COLOR] in 14 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]18th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]4-Mar-11 @ 17:30[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

wow this is awesome!

i just looked up your 740, and theres not way i can beat it, i mean i DO use my computer evenings, aka often use too much ressources to compute, but thill im 1k rac under you, any kind of optimisations i can do?

rosetta doesn't have enhancements like seti does.. pure processing power.. turn off anything using memory etc :p

Status Update!

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-18-Feb-11: [COLOR="Lime"]143,265[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]145,378[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]163,727[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Cyan"]20,462[/COLOR] in 16 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]3rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-18-Feb-11:[COLOR="Lime"] 73,704,817[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]74,115,400[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]76,292,381[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Cyan"]2,587,564[/COLOR] in 16 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]18th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]6-Mar-11 @ 11:19[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

My father's PC is finally here: Intel Core i5-660 Clarkdale 3.33GHz 4MB L3 Cache
I setup that puppy and fired up rosetta right after, its currently crunching 24/7. I got my RAC's up to 4k and hopefully I'll hit 5k with this bad boy! :rock:

Good stuff.. more big machines!

I thought I was going to settle in the 5.5k rac range, but apparently I'm not leveled out yet.. @ 5.7k and climbing still.. sorry djcorpse.. I took you out of 7th

Well if anyone wants to meet my personal challenge, now's the time. We had a severe electrical storm Saturday morning and both rigs have been stalling or failing work unit after work unit ever since. They're currently both down while I'm running Prime95 to check my hardware. I've lost 800 RAC in 48 hours. :(

Back