• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclockers.com Rosetta Team - March Event 2011 - Status Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

baditude_df

Northern Senior
A GREAT BIG THANK YOU TO ALL WHO CONTRIBUTED DURING THE MARCH EVENT!!!!!​

Howdy All! This thread is for discussion of the contest, and status updates!

The Rosetta Team holds events at various times throughout the year to help forward science along a bit quicker and to give us a boost in the Standings.
We'll also be racing our old nemesis UK BOINC Team to 15th Place. They've just taken our #3 spot in the RAC standings, and I think we'll be taking that back thank you very much.
The sign up thread for this year's contest is HERE. You must be registered to be eligible for the prize draw at the end, so don't forget!

Prizes

- Biweekly $50 Gift Certificates from Newegg.com(.ca)

- $100 Bonus Prize (Locked)

- Weekly newegg.com prize pack givaways!

- 2 Biostar Motherboards: 1 TA870U3+ and 1 TP67B+

Prize Sponsors

The generous manufacturers, vendors and team members who have stepped up to the plate so far to donate to the cause!

- drshivas !

- Jmtyra !

- molnarc (his 2nd donation to the team)

- Pete Church !

- BioStar ! Check em out here if you havent already! Thank you Splat!

- Newegg.com ! Check them out here! Thank you IMOG!

- clash !

- This Space Reserved for the next Generous donor! :)

Update Area!

Team Progress Update:

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[B][COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-18-Feb-11: [COLOR="Lime"]143,265[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]145,378[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Max Team RAC-Contest:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]222,587 [/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Max Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR][COLOR="Cyan"]79,322[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]3rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-18-Feb-11:[COLOR="Lime"] 73,704,817[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]74,115,400[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]105,670,677[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]31,965,860[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Cyan"]15th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]6-Aug-11 @ 15:43[/COLOR][/COLOR][/b][/size]

Event Goals

Our ultimate goal as a team is to reach 15th Place in the Total Points Standings. This event and the event goals will be instrumental in getting us there.

The Event Goals this year are threefold:

1. To reach 300,000 in team RAC. ($100 Gift Certificate)

2. To reach 15th Place in total points. ($100 Gift Certificate)

3. To beat UK BOINC Team to 15th Place. ($100 Gift Certificate)

As each of these goals are reached, the corresponding bonus prize will be unlocked and added to the prize pool!
Yep, the goals are pretty lofty, but if there's one thing I've learned about these Events, it's to never underestimate the members of overclockers.com!!!

There is only one condition! That is that our RAC does not drop below it's initial level on 18-Feb-11.

Contest FAQ

Q: What 3rd Party Service does this contest use?
A: random.org

Q: How will I know if my name was entered in the draw?
A: The draw will be Entrant Accessible. A link will be posted after the draw is made where the entrant can go to confirm that their identifier was entered into the draw and whether or not it won.

Q: How many draws will there be?
A: There will be one guaranteed draw every two weeks until we reach 15th place. There will be up to 3 additional draws made depending on whether or not we reach our Event Goals!

Q: Does the March Event end on March 31st?
A: NO! It goes until we reach 15th place as stated above, and there will be plenty of prizes given away until we reach that goal!

Last edited:
Welcome to 3rd place Team! Well done!

Let's get this contest started and take 2nd and 1st as well!!!

Team,
Remember to enlist whoever you can from outside the team as well. We need to really give it this time if we're gonna fight off these damn knights. :)

How can we donate to the prize pool, and how soon do we have to make those donations?

We have a few weeks before the first prize goes out, and technically till the end of the contest to donate a prize if you so choose. PM me if you're interested. Thank you.

Notification has been listed in the SETI forums (via Pete) and the F@H forums. Hopefully we'll see some additional traction from both DC teams to assist in this Rosetta contest.

PS -- How many Rosetta contests usually occur annually?

It seems as though F@H is having issues getting march madness off the ground this year so anyone from F@H or seti for that matter who want to help us for this event are most welcome. I would suggest though, that we give proportional support when either of those teams get events organized.

Rosetta typically only has one event per year, but we recently got taunted by another team we are about to pass and they are picking up production to keep us at bay, so I'm enlisting a bit of help to show them where the bears sh*t in the buckwheat.
Once the front page announcement is up, I'll head over to their forums and throw down the gauntlet.

It seems as though F@H is having issues getting march madness off the ground this year so anyone from F@H or seti for that matter who want to help us for this event are most welcome.
Oh, I wasn't aware of the March Madness issues. I'm guessing it's due to the recently heated battle between some of the top-tier teams. However, I'm getting OT here.

:chair:

I'll head over there once the announcement for the contest is on the front page and throw down the gauntlet. Then hopefully they'll be motivated to take measures to make it a decent race, and we'll get some good back an forth going.

Remember everyone: The idea is to taunt them into doing more science (ie: precisely what they just did to us), and nothing more. Once they see that we've taken the bait and countered their taunt with a Team event, we should see their production increase rapidly as well.

Update Time!

Well, the Event has officially started. See below for our progress so far!

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]145,378[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]2,113 in 1 day[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]3rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-21-Feb-11:[COLOR="Lime"] 73,704,817[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Contest Start:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]74,115,400[/COLOR]  
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]74,115,400[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Lime"]410,583[/COLOR] in 1 day[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]20th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]21-Feb-11 @ 15:31[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

We're currently 68,861 points behind and gaining on the Knights who say Ni!
Our RAC is climbing and is currently 34.8K higher than theirs, however, their RAC has been steadily climbing since the 12th of January and they show no signs of slowing, so they will be no pushover I'm sure.
This should be a good race if they decide to put the hammer down!

Last edited:
Well with this event in high gear and our honor on the line guess I will really have to move my arse and get those 2 other rigs crunching PRONTO, might even kidnap my wife's laptop while at it lol...wish rosetta had a GPU option too, have a monster 580 gtx and a couple of 570's folding for FAH:-/

Daily Update

Code:
[SIZE="3"]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Current:[/COLOR]  [COLOR="Lime"]146,020[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team RAC-Increase:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]2,755 in 2 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]RAC Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]3rd[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-18-Feb-11:[COLOR="Lime"] 73,704,817[/COLOR][/COLOR] 
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points-Current:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]74,308,253[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team Total Points Crunched:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"][COLOR="Lime"]603436[/COLOR] in 2 days[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Points Position:[/COLOR] [COLOR="Lime"]20th[/COLOR]

[COLOR="Yellow"]Updated: [COLOR="Lime"]22-Feb-11 @ 22:23[/COLOR][/COLOR]
[/B][/SIZE]

As it sits right now, we will pass BOINC@AUSTRALIA in 0.68 days, and The Knights who say Ni 0.28 days later, putting us in 18th place!
After that, we will need another 68 days at our current rate to pass the almost stagnant XS Team. Is it really going to take us that long???!! COME ON TEAM!!!
The Knights haven't made much in the way of gains over the past day, and I see in their forum there's alot of humming and hawing about whether or not they want to stay with Rosetta blah blah. So we may need to give up on those chumps and find another team to race. I'll give em another couple of days.

Careful, I may get the Rosetta "itch" again and sic the SR-2 on whatever team feels froggy enough to challenge us...

;)

EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET THE ROSETTA ITCH DAMMIT!!! I want a 10K RAC increase by the end of the week or I'm calling the whole thing off!
jk, but seriously. ;)

I got nothing more to throw at it! work laptop maybe, but i could get in trouble for that :p I even have a junky tablet pc from long ago pulling 20+ a day :p

I guess I'll have to show my ugly face again, been awhile since I've done any folding. I'll just have to dust off some old rigs and give it a toss....

I got nothing more to throw at it! work laptop maybe, but i could get in trouble for that :p I even have a junky tablet pc from long ago pulling 20+ a day :p

same here exept the work laptop since i don't have one
i am however thinking of upgrading from my 1055 to a 1100 cpu

Well, we just passed BOINC@AUSTRALIA and The Knights who say Ni! all in one fell swoop.

Welcome to 18th Place team!!

Code:
[COLOR="Yellow"]Team                          Members   RAC         Total Points[/COLOR]
15 USA                        1420      111,154     93,394,156  
16 XtremeSystems               726        3,017     84,049,480 
17 Team 2ch                   2184      130,353     78,818,595 
[COLOR="Cyan"]18 Overclockers.com            278      147,627     74,439,993 [/COLOR]
19 The Knights Who Say Ni!     772      112,042     74,429,124 
20 BOINC@AUSTRALIA            1139       52,277     74,383,898

Back