• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me decide between GTX 460's

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Patronage

Registered
Hello,

I have a Palit GTX 460 1 GB Sonic (overclock edition) and a MSI GTX 460 Hawk (Twin frozr + triple overvoltage).

I was going to do SLI, but I fergot I have an ATI/AMD chipset :bang head

Which one should I keep, and which one should I sell?

The Palit GTX460 will go for about 110$-120$ because it is used.

The MSI GTX460 will go for about 180-200$ because its brand new, not opened.

Taking into consideration how much they will sell for, and the performance. Which one should I keep? and which one should I sell. Does the MSI offer higher overclocks than the Palit?

I am currently clocked at 837 core/1674 Shader/2000 Memory frequencies, for the Palit.

Thank you:)

Palit also usually have decent coolers.

Why don't you see what kind of clocks you can get out of the MSI, then decide which one to keep?

To be honest, your clocks are pretty good on the Palit. I have an Asus GTX460 that I'm running 800/1600/1000, but then I've not really tried to push it any higher.

Palit also usually have decent coolers.

Why don't you see what kind of clocks you can get out of the MSI, then decide which one to keep?

To be honest, your clocks are pretty good on the Palit. I have an Asus GTX460 that I'm running 800/1600/1000, but then I've not really tried to push it any higher.

If I can avoid opening the MSI one, it will retain a higher value.

Back