• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ADATA S599 SSD (128GB)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Got 2 of these 64gb (open box) from microcenter for 79.99$ each. Both had the 3.1.0 firmware - no wonder it was returned.

Flashed it to 3.4.6 firmware then secure erased it. Now running raid0 on my main rig. Love it. WEI 7.9

can you post up an atto benchmark of that setup! sounds amazing!

Is this a bad drive?

Hi,

Just worried about my speeds, can you please confirm they are OK?

Using latest MB Bios (Rampage 3 Extreme) and latest drive bios 3.4.6

I'm using only 1 Adata S599 128 GB on intel SATA 6 using AHCI enabled in BIOS and via Windows registry tweak as well as ensure TRIM is enabled.

Screenshot:

http://tinypic.com/r/i5qgsi/7

I just put one of these in my hp 8710 last night and its killer. I havnt checked the firmware or anything yet but i have win7 on 90gb and opensuse on 20 of it. I did have a chance to run atto last night and scored around 258ish up and down. WEI 7.7(i know its a lame bench but meh). Going to probably run some linux benches on it and ill post some pics later.

Ok so I'm pretty sure I need to do the firmware update BUT the program doesn't detect my drive. Has anyone had an experience with this?

Is your controller in AHCI mode?

edit: also, try running in XP compatibility mode.

Last edited:
For those who have noticed that the temp readings are wrong with 3.4.6:

Code:
Hi ****,

Thank you for contacting ADATA USA.

We are working a new firmware patch which will correct the temperature issue, and improve both performance and stability.
Currently we are in the Beta stages and hope to have the new firmware ready for the public within the next couple of weeks.
Please let us know if you notice any other issues, we will be happy to solve them for our customers.
Also if you have further questions or comments please let us know.

Best Regards,

> I bought two S599 128GB drives last week, for two different computers.
> 
> After updating the firmware on both (from 3.1.0 -> 3.4.6) the temperature
> readings are now incorrect (as reported by HWmoniter, HDtune, Everest,
> AIDA64, etc).
> 
> They now report roughly 30C higher then they really are (as checked by
> my Fluke DMM).
> 
> A Google search shows that this is a common issue with the 3.4.6 firmware.
> 
> Although it is not a critical issue, it would be nice to see it addressed in a
> future firmware update.
> 
> Apart from that, excelent drive.
> 
> Thanks,
> ****
Apparently 3.4.6 reports the temp as double the real value. So don't worry if it is reporting 60C~70C, because really it is 30C~35C.

I have a link to a new Beta (RC4) firmware (oddly called 3.4.5?) but have not tried it. PM me if you want the link.

Build date on 3.4.5 RC4 is 23/2/2011 vs 30/12/2010 for 3.4.6.

Yes my sata controller is in ahci mode. I checked in the registry to make sure the value was set to 0. I tried all windows compatibility modes except for the 9x run as administrator. I tried disabling UAC that didnt seem to work. I might have to use my media pc for this...

PS. heres an ATTO on the drive.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
Back