Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast
    Now 6GHz or Bust!

Official Bad Deals Thread.

http://www.amazon.ca/120gb-X25m-2-5i...dp/B00486UR2I/

CDN$ 12,023,999.99

Someone at Amazon Canada is smoking something...
    space for rent

Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by 4GHZ_or_bust View Post
    http://www.amazon.ca/120gb-X25m-2-5i...dp/B00486UR2I/

CDN$ 12,023,999.99

Someone at Amazon Canada is smoking something...
    I bought 2 of those already!!!!
    Thermaltake vh6000bws
    EVGA x58 SLI LE 3x SLI
    SilverStone ZM1200M
    i7 920 D0 - 3.8 Folding away 1.35v(1.23v load)
    Megahalems Rev.B push pull R4's
    1tb Seagate 7200.11 Sata,5 500gb
    2- EVGA GTS450 1gb
    Folding User Stats
    My Heat
    Thanks for kicking my card in the RAMDAC's

Trailer Chasing Senior Adragontattoo's Avatar
    Northwestern corner of Va. USA, Northern Hemisphere, Earth, Sol Sector, outer arm of spiral galaxy
    Author Profile Heatware Profile
    DUDE, They dropped the price! I bought 2 for 15,856,923.00 two weeks ago!
    Only ISP provided, .EDU, .GOV, .MIL e-mail addresses are Classifieds approved. Are you unable to access the Classifieds?
    Click here to find out why!
    The Forum Rules FAQ|
    Classies Rules and Regs
    Prices, slashes and edits
    Quality over Quantity Pictures are NOT req.
    Adopt an animal if you want one, dont use a breeder!

Fronting as a Mod Member
    Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    You forgot to read the small print...
    You get a free house in the Hampton's with purchase.
    Daily Driver: GA-890FXA-UD5 - Ph II X6 1090T - 16GB DDR3 1333MHz - MSI R9 280X Gaming Edition/HD 5670/HD6570 - Venomous X Black + G1238B12BBZP-00 - TX850V2 - CM 690 II Advanced
    Join the "Benching Team" - We have secret sauce! - OptyTrooper: GPUs are for burning not playing games anyway
    Kona on League of Legends: This game sits about as well with me as a gallon of prune juice does, and the results are just as nasty.
    I done got Pinked...

Be sure to pre-tin everything (even soldered stuff!) with leaded solder. None of the RoHS junk. You want good old fashioned toxic heavy metals. ~ Bobnova

Quote Originally Posted by Adragontattoo View Post
    DUDE, They dropped the price! I bought 2 for 15,856,923.00 two weeks ago!
    ahhh that always sucks. You got burned for 3.8 million each!
    PLEASE MOVE YOUR CLASSIFIED AD TO SOLD ONCE IT HAS COMPLETED (Click here to learn how)

2x HTPCs / 3x Desktops / 1x 10TB UnRAID Server

[--------------HEATWARE: jivetrky --------------|-------------- GAMING NICK: jivetrky--------------]

"With every upgrade I become less clever." -Socket eh?¯\(º_o)/¯

Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile Rosetta Profile
    At least it ships free
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe." -- Einstein (maybe)

Thinking about an Asus motherboard? Think again.

How to check your PSU with a multimeter.

17bXw5t51rEBXGavJFMJsC8g7HQgThUGc7

Quote Originally Posted by Bobnova View Post
    At least it ships free
    Hopefully each drive comes shipped in it's own Bugatti Veyron and is driven by the Rolling Stones as they are about to perform a 3 hour show at the unveiling of your new 150 room Mansion.
    PLEASE MOVE YOUR CLASSIFIED AD TO SOLD ONCE IT HAS COMPLETED (Click here to learn how)

[--------------HEATWARE: jivetrky --------------|-------------- GAMING NICK: jivetrky--------------]

Benching Team Leader
    Grabbed Senior
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Finally found something to use my tax return on!
    Haswell Benching and Gaming: ASRock Z87 OC Formula : Intel i7 4770k w/ Phanteks PH-TC14 : 8GB 2x4GB G.Skill TridentX DDR3-2666 : MSI, XFX, and Sapphire R9 290X
    Other Components: Samsung 840 Evo 500GB SSD : 2TB Hitachi : Silverstone Strider Gold 1250W and Seasonic Platinum 1000W : Auria EQ276W 2560x1440

Folding User Stats

Quote Originally Posted by Janus67 View Post
    Finally found something to use my tax return on!
    If you tax return covers this purchase then can I ask you a question:

Can you adopt me and my family?

Registered
    Damm, I was going to buy and see how much California tax was going to cost me. If the cost was too much I was going to change my mind. But found out only ships in Canada.. Not USA.. Damm Canadians.. get all the best deals...

Senior Member that
    wants to Be Banned
    Premium Member #16

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Folding Profile Rosetta Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by xXSebaSXx View Post
    You forgot to read the small print...
    You get a free house in the Hampton's with purchase.
    Its a scam...when I showed up it was Howard Stern's house.
    #1Win72600k@4.5GHZ(Hyper212+)Msi P67 G65 16GB RAM Gigabyte GTX 970, Corsair 850W
    Phones:One+64GB, Nexus 5, N4,N7, iphone 5, iphone 6(4.7")
    Folded for Tim and his wife, Mark and his wife,Pete_Scout Oldskool and Adak..."He was the Best of us".
    The first 4 months you cover your phone and baby it...
    The next 4 months you go commando and relax...
    The last 4 months you treat it like a rented mule, because lets face it its time for a new phone...

It's now $259, typical store trickery, mark up the price high then sell it a few weeks later for it's regular price and claim it's on sale.
    Now Amazon can claim a sale of 99.99999999% off on it....bums.
    Workstation - Windows 7 x64
    AMD 1055T
    Server - ESXi 5.0
    INTEL E5-2603

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by terran2k View Post
    It's now $259, typical store trickery, mark up the price high then sell it a few weeks later for it's regular price and claim it's on sale.
    Now Amazon can claim a sale of 99.99999999% off on it....bums.
    Not to be an a$$, but actually its a 99.99784597% discount, providing the math calculator of my Intel processor is correct...
    Antec P182, Enhance 0560G-G 600W PS
    Gigabyte EP35-DS4, E7200 C2D
    ROSEWILL_RCX-Z775-EX cooler
    CORSAIR Dominator PC2-8500 2GB
    EVGA 8800GTS, 320MB (yes, I paid $300. for this card)

14. Thanks!

capitalfear (01-26-12), don256us (06-09-11)

Now 6GHz or Bust!
    Quote Originally Posted by tgorczca View Post
    Not to be an a$$, but actually its a 99.99784597% discount, providing the math calculator of my Intel processor is correct...
    If it's a first gen Pentium, then your math is likely off. But the odd of anyone still using the original Pentium CPU with buggy division issue is probably 0.0000001%

space for rent

Now, I heard of sites making mistakes in the other direction (high end Cpus for $3, graphics cards for $1.50, etc) and then canceling the order if someone tries to take advantage of it. I wonder if Amazon would go through with the transaction if someone bought one at that price.
    Main: MOBO: MSI P67A-G45, CPU: i7 2600k w/ VenX (4.4ghz @ 1.33v), RAM: 2x8gb Kingston HyperX Blu Red Series DDR3 1600, GFX: Galaxy GTX670 GC, PSU: OCZ 1250w ZX, CASE: Corsair 500R, HDD: 120gb Samsung 840, WD 4TB Black
    Quick, Cheap, and Dirty NAS: Sempron 140, Hyper 212+ with 800RPM Scythe Slipstreams, 4gb ram, 5x2tb Hitachis in RAID5, Seasonic SSR-360GP, Antec 300, Biostar Tpower motherboard, APC BR700G UPS, Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H router (Upgrade in the works)
    Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad X220 HTPC: Zotac ZBOX AD04-U w/ 6GB Samsung 1333mhz, 64GB Adata Premier Pro SP900
    Protobox-1: Raspberry Pi Mod. B Rev. 2, 2.5" LCD, 12v 1A PSU, Aluminum RatShack project box, GPIO breakout board

Project 1UP || Interested in the performance of the new AMD AM1 socket? Ask me, I'll test it!
    Bored of games? Nothing good on internet radio or youtube? Dont waste your GHz, find them before they find us. SETI

Now 6GHz or Bust!
    Quote Originally Posted by freakdiablo View Post
    Now, I heard of sites making mistakes in the other direction (high end Cpus for $3, graphics cards for $1.50, etc) and then canceling the order if someone tries to take advantage of it. I wonder if Amazon would go through with the transaction if someone bought one at that price.
    Best Buy was notorious for these mistakes. I remember fiasco back (I think 2001 or 2002) when they listed a new NVidia GF4 for very cheap. All orders were quickly cancelled, and Best Buy claimed it was a mistake and should have been displayed as Red Ryder placeholder instead of the actual product.

Some were able to print the web page (and order confirmation) out and get it matched at brick and mortar store, some were turned away, one got arrested for trespassing. Because some showed proof of actually getting the product, lawsuit ensued. I can't find the old page with all the glorious detail but I did find another site: http://www.resellerratings.com/store...st_Buy/page/85 Page 85 is the oldest complaint against Best Buy and has GF4 fiasco, go over a few page newer for more details.

EDIT: another site about Best Buy GF4 fiasco: http://forums.storagereview.com/inde...ti4600-fiasco/ and also http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...t_BestBuy.com/
    Last edited by 4GHZ_or_bust; 02-25-11 at 11:52 PM.
    space for rent

SETI Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by 4GHZ_or_bust View Post
    If it's a first gen Pentium, then your math is likely off. But the odd of anyone still using the original Pentium CPU with buggy division issue is probably 0.0000001%

You just dated yourself, sir.
    mATX Desktop (Build Log Here): Core i7 4770K @ 4.5 GHz, 1.3V, Maximus VI Gene, 16GB DDR3-1600 RipjawX, EVGA GTX780, Intel 520 240GB, Seagate 2TB, EK CPU and GPU waterblocks, MCP35X, 120.1 and 180.1 radiators.
    Microsoft Surface Pro 3.

The Hardware Destruction Thread|OCForums Musicians Club Member -12|OCForums Metal Club Member -12

Well, if he opens the box and its dead, then it would be his fault because the state of the cat is determined by the observer. Then we could be all ‘n00b, you collapsed the wavefunction now! - RoadWarrior, on Schrödinger’s Cat

Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Was trying to fond my kid crash banidcoot and this was one of the recommendations.

two thousand dollar psp game

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listi...&condition=new
    heatware 206-0-0
    good xbox had some good times
    psn:bluedood
    steam:bluedood
    Dont take the classies for granted

Now 6GHz or Bust!
    How did my post get stickied?

On topic: http://www.amazon.com/Six-Million-Do...9706986&sr=1-2

I wanted to have Six Million Dollars Man show on DVD but dang... There's probably only 50 people in USA that can afford that DVD video. I hope that seller has a very low expectation of actually getting a sale.
    space for rent

Senior2 Member
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile SETI Profile
    The $2.98 shipping is what kills the deal for me.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast