• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

3 Step Guide to Overclock Your AMD Phenom

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
IMOG, I agree. I guess I couldn't figure out why that information was included at all since there's no further reference to it. :shrug:

Hopefully we won't get too many people asking if their NB chipset voltage is too high ...

Write a better version and we can publish it. Other than that, isn't it a good thing to tell people an approximate base and tell them where to get the specific information for their processor? The information is all there, and you need to know the base numbers before you start overclocking. :shrug:

Other than that, isn't it a good thing to tell people an approximate base and tell them where to get the specific information for their processor? The information is all there, and you need to know the base numbers before you start overclocking. :shrug:
The information about chipset voltage is misleading for anyone using an IGP chipset and there are no links to the chipset information. :shrug:

Last edited:
I did take a relook at this the other day Quite. You are right, the voltage for the NB with an IGP based board is 1.3v. We should change it to reflect properly. There should also be a link to the Thermal papers near the specifications, people have been directed to that page for more information.

My ego is on an infinite plane level, but only finite in nature.

There should also be a link to the Thermal papers near the specifications, people have been directed to that page for more information.
I think it was a great idea to include links to the processor specs! Just remember that Tech Doc #43375 doesn't have any chipset information in it ... ;)

i noticed in the end, you used folding at home as an example for a stress test, if i remember correctly they stress especially not to use it as one as sending back naff calculations from an unstable O.C will/can mess things up.

Thanks for the guide, just oc'd my phenom ii x4 from 2.8- 3.0 and seems pretty good so far, ive always been terrified by the blue bios screen, so i rarely venture there, thanks for the help!

Last edited:
Thanks for the guide mate ists brilliant even a guy like me who came bck to gaming desktop after 4 yrs of ps3 can learn and understand things easy.
you rock man :rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock::rock:

Thank You very Much

Have Just Buit a beast (1100T BE on a Gigabyte GA890FXA07U mobo) and wamnt to try overclocking it but didnt know where to start. Good to know the Tj Max as I couldnt find it anywhere and Core-temp set the alarm for 71DegC.
Could have been nasty I think.

Thanks again, will keep you posted on progress.

A bit confused

theoretically speaking (based on this info) if I want my 1100t to 4.0ghz. I would need to set fsb to 211, set multipliers of CPU to 19, nb to 12 as well as htt to 12. with NB volt to 1.250. and steadily increase my CPU voltage as needed?

theoretically speaking (based on this info) if I want my 1100t to 4.0ghz. I would need to set fsb to 211, set multipliers of CPU to 19, nb to 12 as well as htt to 12. with NB volt to 1.250. and steadily increase my CPU voltage as needed?

That would be one way to go at it. Yes. I would suggest you start with lower volts on the CPU-NB... something like 1.175 and see if you get good results. I've run 1.250V on the CPU-NB in the past, but I was pushing the frequency on it past 2700MHz... I think you could get the 211x12=2532 frequency with a bit less volts which will in turn lower your overall core temperature a bit.

:D

That would be one way to go at it. Yes. I would suggest you start with lower volts on the CPU-NB... something like 1.175 and see if you get good results. I've run 1.250V on the CPU-NB in the past, but I was pushing the frequency on it past 2700MHz... I think you could get the 211x12=2532 frequency with a bit less volts which will in turn lower your overall core temperature a bit.

:D
Thank you for your reply. yes, think I'll start lower and move up as needed. I'm going to give it a go this weekend! Thanks again.

Back