Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast
    10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    I'm sure I remember getting well and truly beaten to a pulp by SpeeDj on someone's UT2003 server .... must be a while ago now.
    My trigger finger doesn't work quite as well as it used to, playing WoW for 6 years has kind of made my reaction times lethargic, or maybe it's only my aim that's suffered I don't know. I do know that if we get this all back rolling with having a 30Mb down/5Mb up cable connection we could probably host a pretty gnarly private server for those Overclockers that want to hang out with those of us playing local should be able to. I'll have to see if the interest is there lord knows I got the bandwidth

J
    :: SpeeDj™®© :eek: :: Hiatus - hi·a·tus - n 1: an interruption in the intensity or amount of something 2: a missing piece :: Join our Team! :: [OCG] :: My Heatware :: Forum FAQ's & Guidelines

.: Seti @ Home Team BoD ... ET Phone Home ?
    :: Learn to Overclock @ www.overclockers.com

.: I wear the pink ribbon in loving memory of my Aunt Cheryl : 1948 - 2004 | And for Nedclocker's Sharon : 1962 - 2003 |
    :: Seti@Home ::
    SetiStats :: S@W
    :: Folding@Home ::
    FoldingStats :: MoreStats
    :: "Got Dual?" - Cyklopz
    :: "Got Hosting?" :]
    :: The wind whispers of change to come...
    :: -- OCG : OverClockedGamerz "How fast can you frag?"
    :: -- Home for the Overclockers.com Gaming Clans!

10 Year Badge
    Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by I.M.O.G. View Post
    Count me in for that, I've had a great time at the benching meetups. Not much of a gamer, but I lose well.
    If you're driving I can pitch in like $25 for gas, that should cover it
    I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you

honeybadger moderator smacks the **** out of people that cause issues in the classified section

Heatware: cw823
    Paypal: paypal @ cw823 dot com

Adak - My spreader bar was shaped using a pair of vise grips, a hammer, and the tow receiver on my pick up

Support your forum:
    http://www.newegg.com/

10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Folding Profile Heatware Profile
    Consider it done, just need a time and place.
    The OC Forums Way
    We are a team. We are a community. We are a fellowship made strong by mutual respect and shared dedication to the task of enriching all who come here.
    The OC Forums Thank You Thread
    Put your computer to work for our OC Forum Teams!
    Try out our POST TEMPLATES, they save you time answering common questions!

I spend half my money on CPUs, GPUs, and Liquid Nitrogen. The other half I waste.

10 Year Badge
    Ahaa. I was away for a couple of years, but now I'M BACK! 10 years, omg, Time flies!

This also reminds me of how bloody old I'm getting .. ;(
    Last edited by Justy303; 06-23-11 at 08:09 PM.
    A64 3500+ (Venice), Asus A8V-E SE, 1024 Mb, Radeon X800 GT
    Folding for team 32(For_Those_We_Lost)

Member with Some Fancy Text Under His Name CompuTamer's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mbentley View Post
    hardware pron alert for you old timers

I remember that Cartridge P2 I think mine was rated for 266, but would run 333 with no issues. I even stuck a fan on it! That was my first "serious" computer. Ran XP on it for several years, and then got a Celeron to replace it. That one died, and i moved on to the Penium D, and then the i7 i have today... it's amazing how fast i progressed from a Pentium Pro that could hardly get the answer to "2+2=4" in a few seconds, to an i7 that can do that a couple billion times a second.

As for these forums, i read them for about 3 years before i joined with questions about my i7. Didn't really know what the word "overclock" meant in my P2 days, and now today all my computing revolves around it.
    Intel Core i7 C0 @ 4.01GHz with 1.388 vCore ..........................................Intel i7 4500U
    Intel DX58SO Motherboard IOH + QPI @ 1.250 Volts..............................Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro
    Sony Optiarc Blu-Ray Drive.................................................. ...............802.11AC
    8 GB G-Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 @ 1.65 Volts ...........................................8GB DDR3 1600Mhz RAM
    60GB OCZ Solid 3 + 320GB WD Blue+ 1TB WD Green...............................Samsung 250GB SSD
    Antec 900.................................................. .......................................All Metal Body
    BFG GS-650.................................................. .....................................Lenovo Power Brick + 54Whr Battery
    XFX Radeon HD 4850 (660/1060 53C Idle 62C Load) @ 1.31 vCore............Intel HD4400
    Dual Dell E2311H LED 1920x1080.................................................. .......13.6" 3200x1800 Touchscreen
    Windows 7 Ultimate.................................................. ..........................Windows 8.1
    Those specs up there? They're silent. Silence is good. Very good.
    Your Core 2 Quad is based off of the Pentium pro in a few ways.

10 Year Badge
    Been a lurker for the past couple years now since closing down the old computer repair business and "working for the man" (hospital IT admin)

Recognize a lot of names here - it's crazy to think it's been that long. Learned the most from this forum than any site on the internet, and believe me with as many pages of the intertubes as I've read since jacking up a $400 phone bill that my parents nearly killed me for (thanks Prodigy!) - that is saying something.
    Intel i7-2600k
    ASUS P8P67 Pro
    G.SKILL Ripjaws-X 8GB DDR3
    Sapphire HD 7970 OC
    Corsair HX750 750w
    OCZ Agility 2 120GB SSD
    Cooler Master CM 690 II
    Logitech G710+ & G9x
    Dell U2713HM

Heatware Profile
    Folks, please consider bumping my old thread by posting some of your old oc stuffs if you had the chance here -> ▓ Vintage OC-ing Gears Anyone ?.

Btw, not just old computer stuffs please, but old OCing gears.

PS : Just realized that thread is made back in 2007.

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
    Folks, please consider bumping my old thread by posting some of your old oc stuffs if you had the chance here -> ▓ Vintage OC-ing Gears Anyone ?.

Btw, not just old computer stuffs please, but old OCing gears.

PS : Just realized that thread is made back in 2007.
    I considered, and decided against bumping your thread. I stickied it instead.
    I can explain it to you, but I cannot understand it for you

honeybadger moderator smacks the **** out of people that cause issues in the classified section

Heatware: cw823
    Paypal: paypal @ cw823 dot com

Adak - My spreader bar was shaped using a pair of vise grips, a hammer, and the tow receiver on my pick up

Support your forum:
    http://www.newegg.com/

Senior Folding Zombie AmbientFiction's Avatar
    10 Year Badge
    Somewhere in the top 100 folders for team 32
    Lolz and here I was thinking I was just being given crap for being an old man!!!!
    • FX9370 + Gigabyte 990FXAUD3 + 16gbMushkin Redline + XFX ATI HD5870 + Thermaltake Ultra 120 Extreme + 250 CFM Delta120mm fan
    • Athlon64x2 AM2 6000@3300 Epox AF570+ultra/g 2G Mushkin DDR2 800+EVGA GTS250

Heatware[/color]

10 Year Badge
    I sure wish I would have kept up with this site more than I did. Lots has happened since I started. I'd say I'm an old timer, but being 27 isn't all that old I guess. I can't believe I started here when I was 16! I got lots of help from you guys. I was a lerker for a few years before joining. I'm back now and have the time (money) to get back into things.

BTW, what ever happened to HOOT? I got so much help from him back in the day that I remember him more than anyone.
    EVGA 750i SLI FTW, Q6600 @ 3200mhz 1.325v, vdroop mod, Kingston pc8500 4gb, 2x 8800GT in SLI, OCZ Vertex 3 120GB,WD 320GB for games, Xclio 650w psu, Scythe Infinity 2X Kingwin 80cfm 120mm fans, X-fi xtreme gamer, Windows 7 Ultimate

Bill Gates over heard saying "If i had a penny for every time Windows Crashed... Oh wait, I do."

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Wow.... These pics bring back some memories... the old pencil/conductive pen trick for the XP chips I've been here for 9 years, but man it sure doesn't seem that long! Congrats to all you old timers!!
    ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

*Main Rig-*i7 920 D0 @ 4.2Ghz (1.17v), ASUS Rampage II Extreme, 12 GB Patriot DDR3 1600, ATI HD5970 @ 775/1100, SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer, OCZ Revo X2 Drive SSD, 500GB, 1TB SATA, PCP&C Silencer 750W , D5 pump, Thermochill PA 120.3 w/ 3 Yate Loon Mediums, Swiftech Apogee XT, Lian-Li PC-G75, ASUS VW226H 25.5", Logitech Z-5300e THX 5.1 Speakers

My Massive PC Cleaning Thread!

Heatware |
    If the Army and the Navy Ever look on Heaven's scenes, They will find the streets are guarded By United States Marines. OoRah!

Gloriously Lead
    Overclockix Chief Architect
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    I just noticed that The Coolest has been around since July 2001 so I gave him some bling
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

forum rules | overclockix | overclockers geforce survey | mbentley.net

I just noticed my new badge! Ha, thanks. 10 Years is a lot of time on a forum. Thanks again for all the knowledge over the last 10 years.

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Pentium then Pentium MMX cpus!! Then the almighty PII and PIII, oh don't forget the slotket and VP6/BP6!!

EDIT: Anyone here remember Step Thermodynamics!?

Senior Moment Senior Member
    10 Year Badge
    I just fell upon that magic 10 year number. sure dont seem to have beent hat long.
    if it screams, crank it. if it cries, kill it

Asrock z77 ex6
    2600k @4.8ghz
    Samsung 2x4gb rams
    OCZ Vertex4 256gb ssd
    EVGA GTX480
    Sparkle 1250 gold PSU
    Arc Midi case

Gloriously Lead
    Overclockix Chief Architect
    10 Year Badge
    Author Profile Benching Profile Heatware Profile
    Quote Originally Posted by dejo View Post
    I just fell upon that magic 10 year number. sure dont seem to have beent hat long.
    You've been bling'd
    intel i5-750 -- msi p55-gd65 -- 4 x 4gb ddr3 1600 -- msi gtx550 ti cyclone oc 1gb -- antec p182 -- ocz fatal1ty 750w -- windows 8.1 x64
    intel i5-3330 -- msi z77a-gd65 -- 4 x 8gb ddr3 1600 -- intel hd graphics 2500 -- fractal design define r4 black -- debian wheezy amd64

forum rules | overclockix | overclockers geforce survey | mbentley.net

10 Year Badge
    Has been a Great 10 years.Look forward to the next 10.
    Folding User Stats

10 Year Badge
    Heatware Profile
    Congrats everyone! It's been a great 10 years im sure, I got one more to go...
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.5GHz
    Asus P8Z68-V
    8GB DDR3-1600 Patriot Viper Xtreme
    Visiontek 6950 2GB Ref. (bios modded 6970)

Lenovo Y500 - Core i7-3630QM
    8GB DDR3-1600
    2x Nvidia GeForce GT650M SLI

10 Year Badge
    Quote Originally Posted by mbentley View Post
    You've been bling'd
    never can say never to bling.

BTW David! The Unreal Jailbreak server is still running strong.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast