• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Windows 7 SP1 Issues

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

thobel

I installed on 4 PC's and 3 Laptops so far only issue I had was on 2 systems with Raid I needed to reinstall Intel RST. Would get an error that it stpped responding.

Anyone else have any tips/tricks issues?

Is that all it says, or is there more to it? Try using the default RAID controller. That might help. If you can get that to work, you can eliminate a bad mobo. Other than that, I cant tell you anymore
CPU- AMD Athlon XP
MOBO- ABIT NF7-S
HDD- Western Digital 120 GB SATA HDD
VidCard- ATI 9800 All-In-Wonder Pro
SoundCard- Creative Sound Blaster PCI

I reinstalled RST and it is fine. I get an error with Skype now on Login all I need to do it relaunch it and its fine. Will test reinstall of skype later

so far i have installed it on my win7 x64 VM and a server 2008 r2 machine running as a domain controller and haven't seen any issues yet.

Yes!

1. The dreaded rights issue is resurrected asking me for permissions etc.

Easily fixable:
Start > All Programs > Accessories > Right click on Command Prompt > Run as administrator > Yes > net user administrator /active:yes

This enables the hidden actual Administrator Account so that you can have ultimate Administrator privileges that surpass privileges that user accounts 'with Administrator Privileges' have.

2. Either rests or updates Windows Media Player to v12.0.7601.17514 making you go through all the setup procedures before you can use it again. So open WMP before making a new drive image.

If WMP Video Size is 100%. it covers more than 100% of the screen.

Last edited:
Back