• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I think there still should be scope glare, just reduced significantly.

I don't think there should be scope glare like it is (brightness-wise), and it shouldn't be nonstop. A flash here and there from movement (the sniper looking around) would be much more reasonable.

At any rate, I can play with it. I fire, switch to the pistol and hide. No glare to the surrounding enemies.

Love the M40A5 still :)

Time 15:43:38
Kills 875
Headshots 439
HK% 50.17%
Shots 4 403
Hits 1 488
Accuracy 33.80%

Going for my 9th service star with it!

Last edited:
I have to go back to the M40A5... I neglected it way too much after getting the M98B and the L96... I think I'll get my L96 up to 500 kills (only about 60 left) and then will go back and "UP" the M40A5.

I think that it is pretty dumb. They added a way to buy an 'advantage' in the game.

I guess it is important to note that you can't buy the upgrades for vehicles edit: I was wrong, you can buy all of the vehicle upgrades which (IMO) are a much much bigger deal than weapons [I don't see it including attachments for the weapons]. I guess if you are getting into the game at this point (6 months after launch) that you can feel pretty far behind the 8 ball, and if someone wants to spend $7-$40 to feel like they can compete that is fine if it keeps the player=base high. Again, it is important to remember that skill > weapon used (none of the guns in the game are bad, nor are any god-mode perfect weapons, each has their pros and cons).

I suppose if someone wants to kill one of the huge carrot-on-a-stick parts of the game by buying it they are free to do so.

Last edited:
every time i play this game, i like it less :sly: i cant get used to the guns now. i cant hit crap at long range. example: karkand conquest large. from flag G to F i was trying to pick this guy and fired on short bursts and nothing. bullet trace spreading all over :bang head

every time i play this game, i like it less :sly: i cant get used to the guns now. i cant hit crap at long range. example: karkand conquest large. from flag G to F i was trying to pick this guy and fired on short bursts and nothing. bullet trace spreading all over :bang head

Agreed... I'm 'bout done with this game.

after finally getting the game working again by manually copying files from another pc at work.

I am finding the changes to mostly encourage firing first over perfect shot placement suppression has majorly increased so getting off the first shot can usually win you the gun fight.

regular mode has become a joke I've just said good buy to regular mode now considering it usually just ends up with 2 or more people exchanging suppressed gunfire all over the place.

tanks are a joke but i never really used tanks a ton before anyways.

still managing to get alot of kills but i pretty much pre fire any corner i think someone might be behind now to gain initial suppression if there at the edge.

where as before id wait for people to show before i gave away my position.

The guns are not allso wildly different that buying kits gives an advantage. The game's stock weapons are just fine.

The guns are not allso wildly different that buying kits gives an advantage. The game's stock weapons are just fine.

I agree with that, the only unfair advantage [really] is buying all of the vehicle unlocks.

So how exactly do I buy the BF3 short cuts pack? I wanted to purchase the Co-Op weapons one since I never play Coop and never will, so I was like w/e for $5 I'll get the CoOp guns.

So I click Add to Cart and a window pops up like the one below and Idk wtf I'm doing wrong here or if EA just sucks.

Attachments

• wtf.PNG
    wtf.PNG
    45.8 KB · Views: 81
So how exactly do I buy the BF3 short cuts pack? I wanted to purchase the Co-Op weapons one since I never play Coop and never will, so I was like w/e for $5 I'll get the CoOp guns.

So I click Add to Cart and a window pops up like the one below and Idk wtf I'm doing wrong here or if EA just sucks.

I bought the co-op kit through Origin. Log in through Origin, go to the store and then look for the kit. The whole kit was available to me shortly thereafter when playing the game.

I bought the co-op kit through Origin. Log in through Origin, go to the store and then look for the kit. The whole kit was available to me shortly thereafter when playing the game.

Well I finally got it to work, but couldn't buy it. Every time I went to click Check Out, it would tell me my banking information was invalid. EA seriously blows, every other place online I can buy from no problem. I checked my information over like 3 times, it was all correct so Idk what the issue was. EA is terrible.

lol . yeaaaaa ea and origin in general just come off as amateurs every time they try to compete with other e-tailors.

The only pack I would even remotely consider buying is the vehicle pack, I don't have the time/patience to unlock all the attachments for them. Since when I play, I play infantry only I really don't like vehicles...Matches that use vehicles become exploitative spam fests.

Sad days are here guys. Have you seen this yet?

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3/1/kit-shortcuts

:facepalm:
I like this idea for vehicles. There should be a level playing field. Vehicles were always the same for everyone in the earlier series ex. BF1942, BFV, BF2 and BF2142. BFBC2 started the vehicle unlocks which I thought was historically out of place in a Battlefield game. I bought the air vehicle unlock pack only for this reason. But then I have already unlocked all most all the ground vehicle add ons and all the weapons, even the co-op and assignment ones.

Back