• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
very nice graphs. how do you read the reload lines?

First line is reload time with bullets left in the magazine, second line is reload time with an empty magazine and the last line is reload threshold which is the time you have to wait before performing another action (switch weapon, grenade, in/out vehicle etc.) for the gun to reload. For instance, if the threshold is 0.75s then if you do anything to cancel the reload before 0.75 seconds you will have to reload the weapon again.

ADS= Aim Down Sight
Hip= well hip fire.

Im reading it as the lower the number the more accurate. and then they have the difference between moving and firing and standing still and firing. so the lower the number the better odds your hitting whats in the cross hair or in front of the front sight.

The Recoil graph shows how much muzzle climb or deviation to the sides a gun has so the higher the number the higher the recoil and the more it either A climbs upwards B sways left or right or C Both. Mind this is most apparent when you hold down the trigger though in some of these guns its a lot more obvious even when burst firing AKA your machine guns used in the support class..

I got a bit of a dumb question...

When was the last update to BF3 that changed things like weapon effectiveness and such?

I played on a new build last night... And was actually able to get kills for once! LOL... So it's making me wonder if the extra FPS was helpful, or if its just that they tweaked things again.

Haven't really played in a week or so though... So I didn't know if they've done another patch or what.

Hmmm... Well that huge update I have played several times since....

Actually seemed like they broke the game pretty badly.

However... Now that I'm back to a decent framerate... Seems like I can halfway play the game again.

they didn't really brake anything just changed and balanced things to match what the community was wanting. it plays very well now. not that I thought it was bad before but I like most of the changes.

they didn't really brake anything just changed and balanced things to match what the community was wanting. it plays very well now. not that I thought it was bad before but I like most of the changes.

Only thing I'm still waiting for is completely destructible light polls. I seem to hit them just below the destructible tops now ::bang head

Doing the simple math on the support guns the highest DPS LMG is the M240 at 22,100 DPM or 368 DPS.

M240 22,100 DPM - 368 DPS
M249 20,000 DPM
M27 18,750 DPM
M60 19,720 DPM
MG36 18,750 DPM
PKP 20,400 DPM
QBB 16,250 DPM
T88 16,250 DPM

It does help with choosing the right weapon depending on what map you have and how the round is playing. Like in Metro esp when things stalemate and battle lines are formed, its so much better to have the 200 round mags to mow people down. But lately I have been using the flash suppressor and the accuracy goes up a bunch on the big guns. My usual real LMG is the PKP while using the RPK and M27 when I really need the range.

Being support when the CQB maps go live I think the M249 will be more useful. That burst damage is more important. The M60 hits like a truck but you can only get so many rounds off while the other guy rips you up with the assault guns. The M249 is a damn 200 round blender. Can't wait for CQB!!

Last edited:
Its not that far off, all it needs are some adjustments to the weapon/health system. Otherwise I think its the most realistic game out IMO in terms of graphics/physics/sound..

The gun accessories and what they do crack me up. Like how the heavier barrel increases recoil... The hip fire accuracy for the LMGs is out of control, if you are 5 feet behind anyone while moving and fire you miss... The bullets take flight paths that are impossible. I understand they HAVE to do this for class balencing but the real physics and such are SOO far off.

The gun accessories and what they do crack me up. Like how the heavier barrel increases recoil... The hip fire accuracy for the LMGs is out of control, if you are 5 feet behind anyone while moving and fire you miss... The bullets take flight paths that are impossible. I understand they HAVE to do this for class balencing but the real physics and such are SOO far off.

lol, so true. but if you are 5 feet away and open up with the PKP they pretty much crap out due to suppression and can't shoot you so it does balance out.

so fun to do in the lockers on metro :D

He is right tho the problem is with all the balancing they have is they dont seem to know how to balance weight and its effects.

A heavy barrel will typically make the gun more accurate always and have less recoil always regardless of direction, its weight simple.
bringing up your gun should be slower how ever as well as moving it around. perhaps they would have to lock mouse sensitivity though for this to work. or just give a heavy barrelled gun a max movement speed.

But pack a 10lb gun around with a heavy barrel on it for awhile and you quickly realize that it would be quite tiring esp to keep it up in aimed position.

So that could be a complete negative to heavy barrel but it seems they don't know how to do it properly so instead they defy the laws of physics and make it recoil MORE which is the exact opposite of what it does irl regardless of match grade bullets.

Seems dice is a little too worried about people being accurate with their guns to think outside the box though.

You should be able to lighten your pack ect to make your guy sprint longer/run faster not using a heavy barrel should be a decision of speed vs long range accuracy. to someone who's going to be mcom planting they prob don't care.

To add to this. is it just me or does it seem like nearly everything in bf3 has some magic way to changing the random bullet spread? like getting suppressed cant just make you aim slowly or blind .. it magically alters your guns point of aim almost like.. hey your getting shot at your guns now to scared to shoot strait.

or sticking a grip on your gun somehow makes it shoot strait when its not aimed but when its aimed the guns rifling seems to magically get dirty.

Last edited:
There are rumors that Dice will bring back patch beta testing to select clans like they did in 2142, which also begs the question if they are going to release BattleRecorder in order to have proper gameplay records for competitive games.

Back