• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Anyone play this game a lot? I used ot but then my friends kind of got tired of it and I want to get back in it but would like to play with some people.

I fell off for about a month or so, so I hardly played aftermath. I have finally had some free time in which I can jump back into the fray, and I have to say it is better than ever. I am really impressed with the support this game has recieved as well, they have really made it an entirely different game since launch.

I can tell you one thing, I will still be playing this game for a long time to come...

Join the OCF platoon here.

Last edited:
I've joined the platoon, as well as a few others, but have never played BF3 with anyone in a platoon (that I know of!)

Any suggestions on how you all meet up? Voice comm server?

I recently started playing again, and after joining a HC server on accident, I don't wanna go back! I really enjoyed AM maps on hard core mode; the game really is stunning to get immersed in; it makes me question, do we need a BF4 so soon?

I'd love to team up with you all, I play mostly Support (With people) or Engineer (When I solo); lemme know how to connect with you all and I'll follow you around w/ heals!

Friend everyone, when you see them on, join the same game! Im not sure if the OCF Teamspeak server is up or not.

I will check the platoon invites and bless your entry tonight.

... it makes me question, do we need a BF4 so soon?

My thoughts exactly, afaik the only thing slated for next year is the Beta. Which makes me hope that it's an actual beta, meaning the game is still a ways off; not some fake beta that comes out a few weeks before the game is released...

I honestly would have liked another Bad Company, giving the numbered BF's some time to cool off.

I find it kind of odd that BF3 followed more than 6 years after BF2, and now we get another numbered BF so soon...

Either way more BF is never a bad thing :p

My thoughts exactly, afaik the only thing slated for next year is the Beta. Which makes me hope that it's an actual beta, meaning the game is still a ways off; not some fake beta that comes out a few weeks before the game is released...

I honestly would have liked another Bad Company, giving the numbered BF's some time to cool off.

I find it kind of odd that BF3 followed more than 6 years after BF2, and now we get another numbered BF so soon...

Either way more BF is never a bad thing :p

As long as they don't make it even more simple in the next one I miss having 6 classes and 6 man squads I would honestly prefer 8 man squads. Also there were some videos of End game released one is Premium only on line and the other is here

Might need to start playing some good'ol capture the flag. the maps also seem to be decent in size.

Might need to start playing some good'ol capture the flag. the maps also seem to be decent in size.

I'll have to view the video when I get home but BF:CTF sounds great, I have always wanted a classic CTF variant in BF3.

I assume it would be playable on the other maps as well?

As long as it does not turn into a COD series and try to force one every year at the same time...

Well in their defence it will have been 2 years since BF3 when the beta is released...

I'll have to view the video when I get home but BF:CTF sounds great, I have always wanted a classic CTF variant in BF3.

I assume it would be playable on the other maps as well?

Well in their defence it will have been 2 years since BF3 when the beta is released...

Yeah I believe so, I don't see why they wouldn't I would love some CTF on Alboraz!

CTF on the AK maps would be very interesting...
Boring? Waaaaaaaaaaay too big for the full map. I loves those maps, when I have a vehicle. Otherwise, I spend minutes running from waypoint to waypoint.

Boring? Waaaaaaaaaaay too big for the full map. I loves those maps, when I have a vehicle. Otherwise, I spend minutes running from waypoint to waypoint.

Exactly, which is why I mentioned that they would have to have multiple flag points or a slightly smaller variant.

Plus you would need vehicles for any of those maps regardless of layout and I wouldn't call 64 players with 6 active flags boring by any stretch of the imagination.

Back