• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Man you guys are lame, I've ALWAYS been playing BC2 =P

I like the small dense structures in BC2 and the squad death-match is my favorite, BF3 is going to be quite a change from that.

I'm already looking forward to Project Reality on BF3......:p
To bad they are not releasing the mod tools, they may change there mind in the future. So we won't be getting any PR unless they do, its a shame PR was a good mod. btw I love DICE's excuse that Frostbite 2 is to complicated and it would be to hard to mod lol.

I take it you are getting it for the 360 because you don't want to upgrade your PC?

Side note - your signature is very hard to read on the default/dark theme (the dark blue is quite a strain).

I've been playing Diablo2, Mass Effect 2, NCAA12, Madden12, Witcher 2, BFBC2, and a handful of other games... I think I can make it til launch, lol.

Fixed my signature. :p

I am getting it on the 360 because I have friends I am going to play it with. If it is anything like BC2. If you have a good group of friends in your squad, you are able to just dominate everyone else. Most of my friends use a 360. So I am kinda stuck with it.

I do need to upgrade my computer though. It has been way to long and it is showing its age. I am just at the point where I need to do a major over haul.

are there going to be jets on the console? since they don't have 64 player maps. I know that they had 32 player maps in BF2 that had jets but I don't remember hearing if consoles where getting jets. I pre-orderd through origin after alpha and got my free game so i was happy to spend a little more.

are there going to be jets on the console? since they don't have 64 player maps. I know that they had 32 player maps in BF2 that had jets but I don't remember hearing if consoles where getting jets. I pre-orderd through origin after alpha and got my free game so i was happy to spend a little more.

Console will still have Jets. I think DICE said they will have more airspace opened up since the jets move fast. I think what they said was you'll have larger borders when you're in the air than you do on the land/sea.

Console will still have Jets. I think DICE said they will have more airspace opened up since the jets move fast. I think what they said was you'll have larger borders when you're in the air than you do on the land/sea.
I hope it is done well because it wouldn't be cool to have jets and helis pwning from areas people on land can't reach. I'm sure DICE has it taken care of though

im pretty sure that was the case in BF2 though at least it seemed you could go out a little further than you could run. and either way im more nervous to see what they do with the helicopters if they do it like BC2 then ill be pissed! but i am excited for the mobile artillery even though to me i see it as the end of the commander... May he rest in peace.

Voip in BC2 is broken. That's why its not used. That and TS/Vent servers have become clan standards....who host much of the servers.

Death match is lame. Hope its not in Bf3.

Mumble open source has me nearly sold for voip servers. I doubt that BF3 is going to have a working voip that is worth a damn.

From how BFBC2 was at Beta vs launch there was very little difference. I wouldn't be surprised if it was effectively release-ready (note, that doesn't mean bug-free. BC2 at launch was littered with bugs), they won't have much time fix, test, patch in the month that will be between the end of September and the launch of BF3.

Voip in BC2 is broken. That's why its not used. That and TS/Vent servers have become clan standards....who host much of the servers.

Death match is lame. Hope its not in Bf3.

I must be a freak if most people hate TDM. Thats all i play currently on MW2 and Black Ops. I could not for whatever reason ever get MP to work on BC2BF2. I dont know why. Anyways, i have pre-ordered BF3 from Gamestop and will get some extra maps it looks like, unless they decide to take some content out of the physical CD boxes for some weird reason.. :)

Back