• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Battlefield 3: Official Thread

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Well, in game should have all the HUD items in it, this has nothing. So its a cut scene/cinematic andnot gameplay footage.

Its obviously not taken from gameplay but they are taken in-engine which means that these visuals are possible during gameplay.

Sorry, your post, before you just changed it, said in game or gameplay or something. :)

We have all been excited over cinematics only to have the game look worse. Here is to hoping it looks just as good though!!

Sorry, your post, before you just changed it, said in game or gameplay or something. :)

We have all been excited over cinematics only to have the game look worse. Here is to hoping it looks just as good though!!

Yeah I changed the title for the screens since you made a good point of the screen shots not being during gameplay but more-so in-engine shots. Nevertheless I am extremely excited for this game!

But I definitely know what you mean about being burned by developers who release doctored or pre-rendered shots, only to find out that the actual game is nothing close to them.

+1 ^^

But, almost all game developers will do this. Its like fashion magazines, its ALL photoshoped.

Very true, I guess they want to make it look as good as possible regardless.

Also you guys can check out the latest interview from GDC 2011 with Executive Producer Patrick Bach. It really feels like they want to stay true to BF2 which is a plus in my books.

Last edited:
Consider these pants...officially pooped in.

Absolutely, the audio design in the gunfight starting at 1:45 till 2:28 is amazing, first time I heard it it made my hair stand up. I really need to go on a media blackout for this game since I really want to experience this all on my own.

Edit: Latest videos and interviews updated in OP.

The only thing I would care most is that in the campaign your buddies actually kill some enemies.

The only thing I would care most is that in the campaign your buddies actually kill some enemies.

It really depends on how many enemies there are. If there are not a ton then I want to kill them all and have my team simple hold them back till I get to them. But if it is like operation flashpoint: dragon rising, then I want them to kill as many as they can.

Enough about SP though. Has any body seen a list of weapons or class specs yet?

Back