• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

help...for the 2nd time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ahhh, ok, yea that box doesn't might not support DHCP so you would probably have to set a static IP to get it to work. That I don't really know how to do myself. But seeing as it recognizes the wire being plugged/unplugged I would think it already has the drivers.

You got a setup disk for that? (from At&t?)

Last edited:
2wire 2701hg-b is what it is, what is dhcp, and how do i go about getting a static ip..what ever that is

Last edited:
2wire 2701hg-b is what it is, what is dhcp, and how do i go about getting a static ip..what ever that is

In layman's terms DHCP is the process in witch something assigns a 'name' to a device it is connected to on a network. Everything that goes through a network (and the www is just one huge one) is instructed to go from one 'name' to another. Without DHCP something that is connected to a network is given no 'name', and with no 'name' no information can move.

you would deffinitly be better off looking for a installer disk or somthing from At&t though before going the static route. But if you wanna know Im sure there is a sticky in the networking section.

Oh brainfart, after you plug the lan cable into the dell try restarting the 2wire maybe.
Yea that deffinitly supports dhcp I guess, I was origionally thinking you were plugged into just the filter for the dsl.
The people I was seeing there that wanted to disable it had some custom networks going on though.

off to work, 5:20 am sucks, no sleep.. i will get back at you later with what happens(on this thread), thanks for all your help though, seriously, preciate it.

Whoh no fun there! Yea one other thing to try is right click on "network neiborhood" goto propertys, and propertys of the connection there. After doing that make shure all the boxes are checked.

it works..but with errors on page(those ati problems that were popn up),i just turned off that wizard thing(dont know why i didnt do that 2 days ago but whatever), tired of messing with this old stuff anyway, cant even dl steam on 2000

That was just it needing .net framework.

I install .net framework 1, 1.1, 2, 3, & 3.5 on any fresh install i do. Then its a good idea to do c++ redist '08 & '10 x86 (& x64 for x64).

you do those and update IE to like 7 at least and steam should let you download.

Sweet, you get it? Glad I could help ya, I usually just poke around on here but I'm going to start making it a point to help people out if I can and follow through till things get solved. :thup::burn:

yes! i never did get the .network and upgrade ie, but really the dell is kind of useless,i just wanted to see if i could do it, its really just time for me to get a new comp..but im not going to get into that here..

edit: my main computer(well only computer, besides the dell) is an 07 lenovo 3000 n100..nuff said, also i think its goin down, cause it now is starting to have trouble just on the internet(like a thred with alot of pictures, will just hault until it loads all the crap) and i dfrag and clean disk all the time im only using 55% of the hard drive, and thats since 07..

2nd edit(im forgetful): and 48fps and 32ms on 1.6 does not fly with me..
~oh yea i know the last couple post havnt been about software, i just didnt want to make another thread, sorry for the dudes who came and stumbled upon my dell, and all my yip yap

Last edited:
k so i extracted everything and everything except the modem one something happened pop up'ed/installed/ did its thing, also for the video drivers its saying minimum .net framework required is 1.1 please install, so then i rebooted and got this..

cli.exe -unable to locate DLL

the dynamic link library msoree.dll could not be found in the specified path C:\program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE;.;C:\winnt\system32;C:\winnt\system;C:\winnt;C:\winnt\system32;C:\winnt;C\winnt\system32\wbem;C:\program files\ati technologies\ati.ace\.

so i clicked ok, now just chilln at desktop..go mess with extracted stuff or..?

Looks like Windows 2000.

Back