• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

a5 issues???

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
It's a pretty simple registry edit.
I moved \users to avoid filling up my SSD. Anything I need to be fast I'll put on the SSD and anything really big or not used often goes on the raid. I put FAH on the SSD because it takes a while to write the checkpoints and wrap up and write the WU, so I put it in the "needs to be fast" category. The whole FAH SMP directory is only about 300 MB. I haven't tested to see if it makes any difference. It made a more difference on the old A2 -bigadv WUs.

Directions for moving the \Users directory off the System drive on a fresh install:
When running the windows install uce a temporary user name.
When the install completes, Copy the Default profile in C:\users to the new location
(say D:\users)

Copy the Public profile folder in C:\wsers to the new location.

Navigate to the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS NT|CurrentVersion\ProfileList

Change the value of the Default, Public and ProfilesDirectory keys to the new location

Log off. From this point on, any new user will have their files located in the new location.

Log back on and create a new user with your permanent user name. Log off and log back in with your new user name and delete the temporary user.

Done.

Alright I've tried 4 different times to get an a5 and it won't pull an a5 and the new 6.34 will not show progress on HFM for the a3 either :(

It does load 100% load in the process manager though.

I can't log into the folding forums to post up my issue and rig(haven't been able to log in since I started folding) I emailed administration 3 times about this issue as well(most recently just now)

I'm about ready to give up on the a5's

EDIT:

Ok it actually started and updated on an a3 so I guess the new client is working on this computer(now there are 2 more that need swapped)

YES IT'S AT 01% NOW!!!

Last edited:
Back