• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What computer *don't* the competitors have?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
This is now officially a ALR 6x6 Revolution. Got a 6th processor.

6th_processor.JPG

Re-run those 5x cpu Wprime results, and save them with valid screen shots! That is gold cup globals right there. SRSLY. Who else will have a 5x cpu Wprime submission?

I will when I have a bit more time. I'm testing a program for someone and he needed older hardware.

Wasn't there a programmer that would take payment and make a custom version of a software overclocking program that worked with your MB? I remember it being around $9 or so. That is cheap fun. If anyone can find what program it was, I would appreciate it.

Found it, looks like it is SetFSB. Just sent them an email.

IIRC, that was SetFSB. You check the list to see if your clock generator is on the list, and if not then he will write for the clock generator you have.

I know for sure none of the software overclocking programs had the PLL. I literally tried every last one of them in each program. There was one that would read it (nForce2, of all PLLs...), but it would not change it.

I talked to the author of SetFSB earlier today and did get a response. I sent pictures of the motherboard and logs of programs that he requested and we found out that it is not possible to change the FSB of this board through software.

I'm not sure how it is running at 20 MHz when the chips go past a certain multiplier. The only thing I can think of is using an older BIOS for the board, since mine is running the newest. Unfortunately, I can't find a place that has it.

Here's a sneak peak at the program thideras was testing on that system:

fKGZb.png

Unfortunately no temps are shown due to the motherboard not having an ACPI Thermalzone implementation.

PS. If anybody got some old hardware, like P4 and older and AMD AthlonXP and older and wishes to help with testing, please let me know.

lol
This is brutal, it's like a marathon!
At least it isn't on 176 1.44mb floppies.
This comment gave me nightmares of Win95 installs...

maybe you should pull out one of those old big 22" crt monitors to stick with the era that pc was built in=))
My old 21" Trinitron manufactured in 1995 finally died in 2008.:salute:

jumpers ftw :D ... but really 266MHz is possible and higher can be hard in multi cpu config
266MHz was about the most you could squeeze out of the 200's with standard cooling and stock voltages. 300-333 was possible with bumps in voltage and proper cooling.

I might have to see if I can resurrect a K5-133 here just for giggles.
:rofl: That was the first chip I 'blew up'! She ran at 166 until I put her in "wrong". No clipped corner, so orientation was still important. Pop, sizzle and smoke.:cry:

Having a slight issue with the jumpers. I can't do anything above 240. 266MHz shows "??? MHz" in the BIOS and I get CPUID errors with the system not booting. If I go anything above that, it actually goes way too low. I'm running it at 120MHz when it should be 300MHz. I'm wondering if the 266MHz setting is actually running it too slow and not allowing it to work? The Multiplier settings are printed on the motherboard and they match what that image shows, so I'm a bit confused as to what is going on. Is this something built into the processor to not allow this?
You're giving me flashbacks. My first overclock was a 25MHz to 33MHz - or a 33 to a 66 with a "turbo button"...:rofl: Setting that particular CPU above 266 alters the FSB/Multi. There should be another jumper somewhere to coordinate with the increase (there were always three jumper settings -- multi, FSB.... and something else... divider, I think).

...not possible to change the FSB of this board through software.
I'm not sure how it is running at 20 MHz when the chips go past a certain multiplier. The only thing I can think of is using an older BIOS for the board, since mine is running the newest. Unfortunately, I can't find a place that has it.
As was the case with almost everything made before 2000, unfortunately. They really didn't want you "overclocking" 10 years ago. The BIOS won't afford much other than initializing your harddrives. Look for another jumper -- otherwise you may be shafted without a BIOS update to properly detect a chip clocked that high. PPro never went above 200 MHz, but there were plenty of folks who ran em' at 250MHz. If you're hitting 266 on an array of mismatched chips, then by goodness :salute: :attn:

I'm trying to figure out why it drops to 20 MHz when you push the multiplier too high. Safety feature? Intentional knowing the Pro would never get that fast? Bug in the motherboard? Untested situation?

What gets me is that there are two crystals (60 and 66 MHz) that are hooked to the FSB selector. If it is pulling a signal directly from those chips, how is it dropping back to 20 MHz? That doesn't make sense.

Would putting a different crystal on the board allow me to overclock further, or is it dropping back because of the overall processor speed?

There are too many questions. :-/

If anyone knows where to get crystals, I could look at replacing them.

I've been way too lazy. I tried them when they initially arrived, but I couldn't get them to work.

So what was the ultimate OC you were able to get?

I haven't even tried to OC my PPro200 yet. I hope to find some jumpers too when I get it out of the case.

Back