• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

[O/C]ASRock P67 Extreme 6 Motherboard Review

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Thank you kindly! I've always liked blue boards; probably a holdover from my days at abit (RIP old friend). Not that others don't look darn nice, but blue always makes me nostalgic. :)

Yep I had this board,sent it back for the recall..It was a fine board and will probably buy it again,was flawless to work with,nice layout..Waiting to see when EVGA will release something competitive to the Extreme 6 but i won't wait ill but this board again..

nice review :thup:
I have Extreme 4 and except some small issues I'm happy about it.
Hokie You mentioned about bios in socket. Seems ok but when chip dies then you have option to reflash it yourself or make rma and pay to fix it ( at least I had problem with Pro3 board and ASRock support asked me to send chip, quote from mail:
"Please mention your own address, the model name, and include the € 5. - in cash. Sorry, no other currencies, no cheques, Paypal, or other payment methods." <- joke ? BIOS/UEFI recovery isn't working like it was in all older AMI bioses no dual bios etc.

BIOS/UEFI seems good and ASRock support works much better than for example Asus. On Extreme 4 I have also problem with bclk that isn't working while I set it even +/-0.1MHz and I can change it in windows up to 103MHz with ASRock soft.
I asked support about more memory timing options and to fix bclk issues but got no answer for last 2 mails.
Except above both Extreme 4 and 6 are really nice boards and it's hard to find better boards for this price :)

Last edited:
Haha, I'd try another person in tech support. Asking to send cash plus the chip doesn't sound too smart to me either.

The UEFI is strong, but could be much stronger if they would combine the positives of each with each other. For the Extreme 6, the best combination would be the RAM stability of 1.3, the vCore and bclk adjustment improvement (from 1 bclk to .1 bclk) of 1.33A and the software-interface capability of 1.4. That would make the perfect version 1.5, which I'm hoping they come up with sometime soon. :)

Haha, I'd try another person in tech support. Asking to send cash plus the chip doesn't sound too smart to me either.
I made RMA in shop where I bought it and I got money back that's why I got Extreme 4 after that.
I have no problem to set my memory @2133 but timings are pain. My PSC kits are making lower clocks than on X58 boards and if I wish to set 2133@cl6/7 then I have to set noticable higher voltage than on X58 even that there I was running triple channel. I think that the same is on Extreme 6.
There are stable UEFI versions on ASRock site and betas too so it's no problem to get something with high vcore and internal pll but memory timings could be better.

On 1.33 it ran the 1866 divider quite well at a respectable 6-8-7-24 with a G.Skill Flare kit I have. :D

Nice review! I just bought one. Should have it later in the week for a weekend build. Wish me luck!

Thanks. :)

You won't need any luck though, with multi overclocking SB is a walk in the park for a lot of computing power. Get a decent cooler on there and have a blast! :thup:

Thanks. :)

You won't need any luck though, with multi overclocking SB is a walk in the park for a lot of computing power. Get a decent cooler on there and have a blast! :thup:
I have a Swiftech Apogee GTZ to put on it. Just debating on using the socket 775 mounting or getting a new 1155/1156 backplate.

I have a Swiftech Apogee GTZ to put on it. Just debating on using the socket 775 mounting or getting a new 1155/1156 backplate.

Like you, I am waiting for UPS to deliver my new Ex-6. And I am also planning to cool it with a GTZ with a MCR220 rad loop. I went and ordered the Apogee GTZ-UHD-1156-BP kit from SVC, since at the time I ordered I wasn't sure which board I was going to go with. It came to right under $13 with shipping and got to my house in 2 days.

I am looking forward to getting this board and finally getting my 2600k up and running too. I bought the proc out of the classies over a month ago and it's just been sitting in the box, waiting for a mobo.

Like you, I am waiting for UPS to deliver my new Ex-6. And I am also planning to cool it with a GTZ with a MCR220 rad loop. I went and ordered the Apogee GTZ-UHD-1156-BP kit from SVC, since at the time I ordered I wasn't sure which board I was going to go with. It came to right under $13 with shipping and got to my house in 2 days.

I am looking forward to getting this board and finally getting my 2600k up and running too. I bought the proc out of the classies over a month ago and it's just been sitting in the box, waiting for a mobo.
Nice!

UPS says my board is coming today and I got the CPU and RAM yesterday. Building it tonight hopefully. :D

Nice!

UPS says my board is coming today and I got the CPU and RAM yesterday. Building it tonight hopefully. :D

How's the build coming along man? Mine came in this evening and I have started installing it in the case. I will have to do some optical drive swapping around though. The case I'm installing in has an old IDE dvd drive and there isn't any IDE on the board.:shock: Luckily I can rob the drive out of my test rig, since the P6T does have an IDE header on it.

What? Did they change it with the B3 chip revision? It's in the lower left on this Extreme 6 (photo). Hopefully you over looked it b/c it's far from the typical placement. The insane amount of legacy connectivity was one of the things I liked about the board.

Back