• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dewars...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
And than your 50L will need a refill everyother day with the BD benching :rofl:

I would have to beat Chew* that information out of him.

Anyone got some of those walnut crackers?

Got my dewar today from fed-ex. It looks good. The paint was pulled off by the tape and the shipping labels on it. The 50L one empty actually weighs about 1/2 of what the stainless 35L weighs empty.

IMAG0286.jpg

Congrats, now dont knock that one over.

Did you ever see if the 35l was repairable?

Just got home and saw this. Got it from BHS as well.:thup:

50 liter goodness.:D

Nice!

I can't believe how fast it arrived.
Hopefully this week I can get it filled.

As far as getting the old one fixed...I doubt I could get it fixed for less than the cost of the new one. I will call around and check if I can find someone. If not I may turn it in for scrap- stainless should be quite a bit.

I ordered a aluminum 30L dewar on thursday from Blackhole surplus. cost 125$ for the dewar unsure what the shipping was for now. Should get here this coming week :D. Now to broaden my AMD collection. :D

Congrats.

I am trying to increase my hardware collection too.

Yeah I want more hardware, but I am trying to get the money together to buy a Mini mill, aswell as I started building a very small concept cnc setup. This will actually benefit my overclocking, since it should allow me to cut my own cooling components and mounting systems for unique hardware.

http://www.blackholesurplus.com/A_BH_CDWR.htm

how does that look? Look like it is worth picking up or would there be something else that I would need to look for?

Be prepared to make or buy a stopper/plug for it, as the likely hood of getting one with it is rather low.

Definitely call them though, They where a blast to deal with :) I am sure i will end up ordering another dewar or other items from them down the road.

You can make one out of the foam stuff they use for flowers. IMOG got his from a flower ship IIRC. Works like a charm. :)

Be prepared to make or buy a stopper/plug for it, as the likely hood of getting one with it is rather low.

Definitely call them though, They where a blast to deal with :) I am sure i will end up ordering another dewar or other items from them down the road.

HMMM

I think I should wait and stick with DICE for a bit longer (as I don't yet have a LN2 pot - still just my koolancev1 dice pot) and I traded/sold my Tek9 slim so I could look for a Fat as I understand the slim was having some major trouble holding a 580, and I would have even more trouble running DICE.

For cryogenics the lighter the foam by the weight scale (.5lb foam, 1lbs foam, 4lbs foam) the better it typically insulates. Different plastics have different levels of insulation aswell.

Not as usual in this situation but its something to think about if your faced with a choice. You can usually get low weight foams that have some strength to them still at hobby stores, or art stores. Sculptors like to use it for sculpting, and model airplane enthusiests use it as a core material sometimes for composites.

How's the dewar TJ? I'm selling my Koolancev1 (or more trading it in a way) and will be looking to get a pot that is good for Dice+Ln2 (either a v2, gemini, or f1ee I'm guessing right now) and will most likely buy through BHS as it seems to be by far the cheapest way to get it from them.

Back