• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Extra WIN XP PRO OS Disks

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jrank001

I have three WIN XP PRO SP2 disk from an Acer system with restore disks

One WIN XP PRO SP2 disk for an HP system

One WIN NT disk for a Compaq system

These all came from a company that closed and I purchased all items in the office. Computers, chairs, desk.

Can I sell these? What are my options? Don’t want to break any laws here so any help would be great.

Thanks

Im sorry but this makes me laugh
since they are useless to anyone that doesnt have that type of computer
and secondly you could have just sold them privately to someone and no one would ever even care or notice

I'd love to have an XP disc. Are yours full installation discs or the useless ones for name brand machines?
Those do sell on Eelbay but the sale is supposed to include hardware to be legal. I've seen sellers list a windows installation disc with an old hardrive or some other junk to comply.

I'd love to have an XP disc. Are yours full installation discs or the useless ones for name brand machines?
Those do sell on Eelbay but the sale is supposed to include hardware to be legal. I've seen sellers list a windows installation disc with an old hardrive or some other junk to comply.

I got an XP-PRO IT copy years ago and slip streamed sp2 and 112 updates into it. It has been priceless over the years. Not so much now days.

Back when I bought my XP install disc (don't remember whether I got it from NewEgg or TigerDirect) it came with a 3.5mm stereo-to-mono splitter cable as the "hardware" :)

@op:

The discs are useless without keys. If you've got the little shiny stickers with the license on them, you can probably find people to buy those, but I doubt anyone will buy just the disc, since disc images are easily obtainable.

I hope this isn't a question hinting at purchasing these from the OP through this forum. You don't have classified access yet, but doing such things (purchasing software here {no software sales are allowed here} & trading outside the classifieds) is a good way to ensure it stays that way.

Also, to the OP, +1 to this:

The discs are useless without keys. If you've got the little shiny stickers with the license on them, you can probably find people to buy those, but I doubt anyone will buy just the disc, since disc images are easily obtainable.

It's the keys that matter.

I hope this isn't a question hinting at purchasing these from the OP through this forum. You don't have classified access yet, but doing such things (purchasing software here {no software sales are allowed here} & trading outside the classifieds) is a good way to ensure it stays that way.

Also, to the OP, +1 to this:

It's the keys that matter.

I'd give a copy away for the asking. No sale here. with the key

Back