• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Board will not keep bios settings

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Deathhorse

My question is why is it everytime i restart the pc the bios settings are lost? I replaced the battery twice. What could cause the memory to be lost? Could it be some bad caps or something?

still is not helping.

Alright, here comes the fun part :bang head. You have to replace your BIOS chip. I think if you call your mobo manufacturer, give them your mobo model and stuff, they should be able to send you a new bios chip. This is a difficult process and could be fatal. If you don't feel comfortable replacing the chip, just buy a new mobo. :thup: Glad I could help

is this a real thread? or are we being punked?...does anyone know what mobo the OP is even speaking of?

. Chances are your jumper is dead. Hope this works

SERIOUSLY? A little piece of metal that has littlet to no voltage/current/amps going through it just went bad?

Chances are it's in the clear position and needs to be moved.

Can the OP please take a detailed picture of the motherboard for us(preferrably around the Bios batter and jumper)

What brand of motherboard is this?

Alright, here comes the fun part :bang head. You have to replace your BIOS chip. I think if you call your mobo manufacturer, give them your mobo model and stuff, they should be able to send you a new bios chip. This is a difficult process and could be fatal. If you don't feel comfortable replacing the chip, just buy a new mobo. :thup: Glad I could help

this board is older and the bios looks like its solder to the board. thinking i will just chuck the board

SERIOUSLY? A little piece of metal that has littlet to no voltage/current/amps going through it just went bad?

Chances are it's in the clear position and needs to be moved.

Can the OP please take a detailed picture of the motherboard for us(preferably around the Bios batter and jumper)

What brand of motherboard is this?

its one of the ca ca ECS boards
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813135052

i tried this board yesterday and now there is nothing on screen. So it went from half working to not working maybe i ESD'it to death. Next i am going to try a new cpu and move the stick of ram to a different slot.

I can take a crap load of pics if you guys want me too???

Benny jumpers don't go "dead". they were never alive to begin with. They either short two pins out or they don't.

Thats what struck me as so funny...malfunction perhaps.

And his mobo is still toast.

there werent jumpers to big with and it took me a minute to figure out with using the manual if it was the first 2 pins or the second 2 pins. But if the boards toast oh well i got 3 boards to test and if one works i am happy.

Back