• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Liquid Nitrogen Live Benching 8PM March 4th & Noon March 5th (Eastern Time)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overclockers.com

Introduction

I will be hosting a livestream this weekend for my LN2 benching sessions. Anyone interested is invited to come watch the extreme cooling, chat with other viewers, and learn more about extreme overclocking. If you aren’t free tonight, try and stop by tomorrow afternoon.

171117_921087481374_23304588_46998182_6489968_o.jpg

When: 8PM March 4th
Where: Overclocker's Live

Focus

I will be benching 2D apps only - superpi1m/32m, wprime32/1024, and CPU-Z. This is my second time taking this processor under LN2.

Hardware

CPU: 965 BE
MOBO: Crosshair IV Extreme
RAM: Gskill Trident 2x2GB
CPU Temps: -190C

Background

Last weekend, I found the limits of the CPU under LN2 for the first time so I'll be working mostly on fine tuning the CPU settings, specifically working voltages at 1.85V and up, and increasing CPU-NB/RAM frequency, and RAM timings.

Improvements from last session:

1. Using XP instead of Vista (I was out of town last weekend, and stuck on Vista as I was intending to bench 3D, but had hardware issues)
2. Improving RAM frequency and timings (I focussed only on CPU testing last weekend)
3. Increased CPU-NB frequency, for improved efficiency (performance product)
4. Applying SuperPi1m tweaks from the benching lounge to get my max scores.
5. Further testing for strongest cores (core 0 and core 1 seem best so far)

Previous Scores to Beat:

6686.04Mhz CPU-Z Validation - 21.1 Boints - 340th out of thousands of CPU-Z submissions, 41st out of 261 965BE submissions
10.608 Seconds SuperPi1M - 12.6 Boints - 3046th out of thousands of SuperPi1M submissions, 39th out of 204 965BE submissions
11 Minutes, 28.463 Seconds SuperPi32M - 6.3 Boints - 1953rd out of thousands of SuperPi32M submissions, 21st out of 104 965BE submissions
6.303 Seconds wPrime32M - 9.3 Boints - 1208th out of thousands of wPrime32M submissions, 35th out of 163 965BE submissions
3 Minutes 30.602 Seconds wPrime1024M - 5.4 Boints - 1057th out of thousands of wPrime1024M submissions, 25th out of 104 965BE submissions

... Return to article to continue reading.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yup, that's the board - those details, as well as the links to my hwbot scores I'm aiming to beat are in the frontpage article - it is more complete than the first post of this forum thread.

I will be watching.

Not meaning to derail here Matt, if you think it is just delete this I will understand.

For anyone wanting to get into streaming and needing to get a camera, I just picked up a used Logitech 9000 cheap for streaming my vid when the time comes and these camera's have some amazing quality to the video and are just plug and play. It's so easy a CgS Drone can do it :D

Cool man, what did it run you? I have a Microsoft lifecam hd5000 and it is really good. 50 bucks and plug and play also. 720p.

I want to get a second can also.

Couldn't get CPU frequency back to where it was last weekend... Suspect a poor mounting of the LN2 container perhaps. Stopping now, rather than push it when it doesn't want to be pushed... I had a few pools of moisture around the insulation and in the RAM slots anyways, fortunately my insulation was good.

Going back at it noon tomorrow, going to remount the pot and hope I make more headway tomorrow. Less volts, more volts... nothing was getting me anywhere tonight. :shrug:

Same story last weekend however - we weren't getting anywhere saturday night, so we packed it in. Came back sunday morning, and thats when icebob and I both got some good runs in. :rock: Better luck at noon tomorrow, hope you guys are around.

Heh, nope... For those who witnessed it, that will be known throughout the ages as the jack and coke spill of 2011. Old men will sit in rocking chairs telling their grandchildren of it. Fortunately however, I just shook the coke out of my vertex until it was "dry enough" and I didn't worry much about the power supply cables. They are a little soggy now however. :-/

Setting up for the noon session now - remounting the pot. I'm getting my tweaks setup also, in the hopes that even if I can't hit the same frequency as previously, I might be able to put better scores up anyways with improved efficiency.

Still going. A lot of success today.

Improved superpi1m, superpi32m and wprime32m. Still working on wprime32m then on to wprime1024. Haven't pushed the frequency any higher yet for cpu-z.

Back