• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Galaxy GTX 470 OCing problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Darknecron

Note: This is a copy of a thread I have in a different section of the forums.

As the title implies, I am having some issues overclocking my GTX 470. I currently have it running at 700/1440/1700 with 75% fan speed. I never get above 78C during the Crysis 2 demo at Hardcore settings. However, about once every hour the screen freezes and the computer stops responding in every way...I have to flip the power switch. Sometimes though, instead of just freezing, the screen distorts into pixelated neon colors and small (2x2 mm) colored boxes appear in a grid pattern on the screen...but after a few seconds, the display driver (usually) reboots, and the issue is resolved (if not it does the same thing as the other screen freeze).

Does anyone know what could be causing these problems?

Last edited:
Note: This is a copy of a thread I have in a different section of the forums.

As the title implies, I am having some issues overclocking my GTX 470. I currently have it running at 700/1440/1700 with 75% fan speed. I never get above 78C during the Crysis 2 demo at Hardcore settings. However, about once every hour the screen freezes and the computer stops responding in every way...I have to flip the power switch. Sometimes though, instead of just freezing, the screen distorts into pixelated neon colors and small (2x2 mm) colored boxes appear in a grid pattern on the screen...but after a few seconds, the display driver (usually) reboots, and the issue is resolved (if not it does the same thing as the other screen freeze).

Does anyone know what could be causing these problems?

Have you adjusted the voltage? What is it at right now?

Oh yea lol. I forgot that I made 2 threads. Someone suggested that I bump the voltage up a bit, and so I did...from .975 to 1.000, and I haven't had this issue since. :cool:

Dont make 2 copies of a thread. It will get every involved confused and isnt good for etiquette. :)

Back