• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wireless Cards = BSOD (HELP!!!!)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Foxie3a

Normal Member
I'm not a software guy, and need some help. I build laptops for a living, and I'm putting wireless cards in the laptops that don't have integrated wifi.

OS = WinXP Pro SP3, I use it on every laptop, zero problems.

Wireless Cards = Airlink 101 AWLC5025 ( Wireless-G MIMO )

I have about 15 of the cards, and many laptops, all do the same thing. I'm using the latest driver as well.

When inserting the card I get a BSOD, about the IRQ being not less or equal to or whatever it says, I'm sure u know it. It does it on every laptops, all drivers are installed and are the latest. I've tried different cards of the same model, same things happens.

I have however gotten lucky and had it work once or twice, goes on the internet fine, reboot it, and BSOD. When it does work perfectly it says no conflicts IRQ 11.

What should I do?

Yes, no matter what order I do it in I get the same results.

After much fiddling, my partner got it to work on one of them. She's not sure what she did, but it took a while, and now we can't get it to BSOD no matter how much we take the card out and reinsert it. It's possible, just can't figure out what it is. We're unable to duplicate this on a second unit though... :(

Back