• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ATI Radeon 4800 fan not responding in catalyst

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

razorseal

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to adjust my fan speeds for gaming for my ATI 4800 gfx card, but no matter what I do, I can't change the fan speeds via Catalyst Control center.

I found bunch of 'fix' for this, but the problem is, they are all old 2008 posts and the new CCC doesn't really apply to them anymore.

Whenever I start a game, the fan just stays at around 35% and overtime, it's crashing the games. I never hear it spin up like it used to (it was loud)

I've seen it even at 5% sometimes (now it's at 41%)

I have the latest drivers as well.

any help is appreciated it.

Which card do you have? Is it on the rig listed in your sig? If so did you uninstall the nVidia drivers, run driver sweeper in safe mode before installing Catalyst?

EDIT: After rereading your post I take it that it worked already and then quit working? Try an older version of catalyst drivers.

I have the same problem with my 4870x2. the fan just stays spinning at the constant speed with the newest cats (everything 11. on as far as I know, not sure when it stopped working to be honest).

Back