• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What is there to look forward too?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Living in post-apocalyptic subway tunnels or the game? Keep in mind if you're running a Core2 CPU and DDR2 it isn't going to fly. Even a GTX580 can't do some parts justice on very high settings. I've only seen the game fly on a 4.2Ghz 950, 2000Mhz CL7, TWO GTX 580's overclocked SLI. (Timetolivecustoms, youtube)

I'm on 4Ghz 950, 1600Mhz CL7 (6GB) 1 GTX 580 OC

:rofl:

Man, do I feel stupid. I remember when Metro 2033 came out, I never looked into it because I assumed it was just another installment of Metroid...:chair:

The game does look interesting, although the majority of the reviews said the AI is lacking in the intelligence department. As far as my current rig goes, I've been looking to upgrade very soon. This 680i is getting very long in the tooth. The problem is I want to upgrade NOW, but I'd like to wait and see what evga has to offer with their sandybridge boards.

...The problem is I want to upgrade NOW, but I'd like to wait and see what evga has to offer with their sandybridge boards.

Yeah, you are better off waiting and seeing what the next wave of motherboards bring. Plus this will give some time for current models to drop in price.

:rofl:

Man, do I feel stupid. I remember when Metro 2033 came out, I never looked into it because I assumed it was just another installment of Metroid...:chair:

The game does look interesting, although the majority of the reviews said the AI is lacking in the intelligence department. As far as my current rig goes, I've been looking to upgrade very soon. This 680i is getting very long in the tooth. The problem is I want to upgrade NOW, but I'd like to wait and see what evga has to offer with their sandybridge boards.

The AI is the AI from the ghosts in PAC man. Literally. Possibly a 'light' version of that. Enemies come towards you and attack you. If you shoot at them, they try to hide. Then attack you. Basically as rudimentary as it gets. They never exhibit co-ordination, strategy, attempts to flank, etc. The game makes up for it with things like "It's dark, this gun sucks, where'd these other 10 guys come from, why isn't this guy dead yet", etc. But smart AI, no.

Don't get it for the AI. Get it because it has the coolest lighting effects of any game to date, mutated hamster rat dogs, the same pink sweater wearing female NPC in every single station (subway stations have become towns), and a very believable, very very crappy post apocalyptic world. Except for the ai. The money system (trading quality pre nuke bullets and firearms for more plentiful DIY models, for example, and trading item X for Y, as no system of currency exists.)

The P67 Classy is going to have a right-angled 24-pin power connector !

And it only took them like, what, 10 years to clue into that one? Where's my right angle everything? 12V and 24 pin should have been right angle years ago. Maybe someone who designs the connectors actually looked up some build photos and said "Hey, people seem to be trying to run this cable behind the motherboard.... "LIGHTBULB!!!!".

Last edited:
And it only took them like, what, 10 years to clue into that one? Where's my right angle everything? 12V and 24 pin should have been right angle years ago. Maybe someone who designs the connectors actually looked up some build photos and said "Hey, people seem to be trying to run this cable behind the motherboard.... "LIGHTBULB!!!!".

Thats exactly what I thought. I am not even a motherboard designer, or a distributor, and I thought of it before them ? What ?
Its the little details that sell product and make profit. I mean, like Theocnoob said, DUHHH!

Back