• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Unlocking the PII-Tutorial (Warning: Large Photos)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
maybe we should just get it over with and give this thread an honorary sticky, just so it doesn't keep scaring us. at least, as a sticky, we always know where to find it. and, it won't keep jumping out at me in the dark late at night when i am just clicking blindly through the threads :)

Tipycol said:

Well I guess I'm not the only one with a PII 350 that can't have higher multies. Sucks though, I was really hoping to get it to run around 550MHz :D

Nope, not the only one.... although not very interesting nowadays to oc P2's: P2 - 350, Asus p2b, pc100 sdram, matrox g200 agp, 3com 3c509. Tried 3,5 * 133 mhz: no problem, but after one hour quake all the system stopped. Reboot after adjusting the jumpers: everything o.k. again. So i tried 3,5 * 112 (while 125 isn't possible on the p2b?!) and there is a slight possibility that after a long time running at 112 the matrox and the 3com died both because of this. Reading lots of messages here, it seems that 112 at the mobo means a much higher agp and pci frequency. True?

By the way, here's something I found yrs ago about this Pentium 2 - 350 mhz problem of multiplier 'locking'. Don't stop reading at the first page, on the 3rd one everything comes together :p

www.arstechnica.com/cpu/1q99/clocklock-1.html

- it works now! -
greetz, Peter

Last edited:
This thread still is of interest to me though (refer to my signiture).

Also by the way, Pentium II processors manufactured with Deschutes core are multiplier locked.

interesting. i have almost an unlimited supply of 386, 486, pentium, P-II, and P-III cpus to fool around with. i might try overclocking a P-II now. i had never thought of doing it, but it seems like an interesting project (throwing an 866 P-III up to 975 MHz was fun). i just need a motherboard that i can OC with. all the boards available to me are dell boards :\

Back