• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Joined The Team

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BEEAH

Well my friend just built a machine and started folding. Told me he was folding so I jumped on again as well under his name. Currently running two machines, an AMD quad @ 3.2GHz + GPU and my Q6600 @ 3.4GHz and 470GTX. We are running through the idle ranks right now and are excited to start a position battle once we settle. "Synthetik--Prime"

His intrest in his new machine has resparked my tinkering hobbie and have already ordered a Corsair H70. I along with most of us am also waiting for the SB boards to start hitting as well.

Glad to be back in the game! :comp:

:attn:

Last edited:
Welcome on board :)

Remember: once you get a Sandy Bridge rig going, look into bigadv. That's where the big points are at present.

Will the feeling of guilt when I leave my house and the machine is not folding continue on forever? We are well into the 200k milestone now and plowing through easily but it could be so much more if I didn't turn it off here and there.

I now have LogMeIn.com running so I can start and monitor my home PC at work. Kinda nice!

Will the feeling of guilt when I leave my house and the machine is not folding continue on forever? We are well into the 200k milestone now and plowing through easily but it could be so much more if I didn't turn it off here and there.

I now have LogMeIn.com running so I can start and monitor my home PC at work. Kinda nice!

LEAVE IT ON 24/7 :D

Will the feeling of guilt when I leave my house and the machine is not folding continue on forever?

No, you shouldn't worry. That definitely won't last forever, probably not even very long. You'll be leaving the machine on 24/7 soon.

Currently 553 @ 382,000 points and charging hard. I so want to drop the cash on a new SB system but for some reason I am hesistant, I don' know why. I'm kind of decided on the ASUS Pro and maybe the 2600k over the 2500k but just can't seem to click the buy button. Would have to buy the board from Amazon though, or just simply keep an eye on NE.

Decisions, decisions...

Welcome to Folding (and to your buddy, too!)
Your nickname is apt... considering the obsession with :beer: around here ;)

Yes, you should feel guilty--don't turn it off! I'm out of state for a week and expect to see a slight increase in PPD output since I'm not using my desktop (=

Broke into top 500 and moving strong, it is simply killing me not pulling the trigger on getting a new system up and running. I am torturing myself as I need to spend money on the toy car for a new clutch and race tires.

Now have 3 CPU's, 2 GPU's and a PS3 folding, but with all of that 1 2600k will output 2x as much? :bang head

I think I am going to go through my house and sell extra stuff!!

Welcome to the fold,

Leaving everything on 24/7 fall-spring is the no-brainer part. Keep everything running 24/7 in July and august and you'll make up some ground.

I bought a KW/H meter and have it on the machine now. About 420w running with SMP and GPU folding and everything else off. My monitor alone takes about 90w to run while my new LED lit ASUS takes about 30w. :shock:

I recruted the IT guy at work as well, he is excited to get started and has some good machinery including a i7-960 I think. Just couldn't get him to fold under the same name hehe.

Last edited:
Back