• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC/Gaming benchmarking tool

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gemini1706

was wondering if there is any good "FREE" benchmarking tool that I can use and compare my results vs. other people.
I downloaded FutureMark's 3DMArk Vantage, but was disappointed that it is only 1 time use free trial that I also need to register and do other stuff to get.

Was wondering what other tools people use, widely used enough to be able to compare my results with others.

Thanks.

The earlier versions of 3DMark can be run multiple times. You just have to view results online if it's not registered. So, try 3DMark06.

Thanks, will give it a shot (does it support Directx10 and 11?)

Also, was wondering if my new GTX 570 is overkill vs. my other system specs?

I ungraded to GTX 570 to play BF:BC2, it plays nicely now at 1920x1200 with mostly 60-70 fps, but still can get fps around 35 sometimes in urban settings and some scenes (Max details and 2xAA). Is this due to my MB and processor not up to speed vs. my GPU?

Thanks.

06 is DX9 I thought...

Heaven is a good (free) one and you can check out your scores vs others at hwbot.org, but just know that these people are overclocking everything to the max to get those scores though note.

As stated, the unigene heaven benchmark is VERY popular.
Also, you can download the crysis demo for free, as well as the free benchmarking add-on and run that, its one of my favorites.

Back