• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flasing Bios

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bogie

I been going thru n reading all the post here, did a search about flashing, this will be the 1st time i ever tryed this cuz i been scared to kill my board GA-MA78GM-S2H i was thinking about using the gigabyte utility,but not using the net as i have the bios saved, everything says load max default setting, if i do that will that affect my raid? thank you
And can i have the 3 files on desktop?

No, after you flash, just go back in to the bios and change the setting back to RAID if the flash resets it to IDE or ACHI. It will not boot into windows if you don't.

I down loaded the zip ,unzipped the files on desktop, closed the net connection, n virus scan. It saved the bios took about 5 minutes, i did uncheck load default setting. Seemed to work good, now shows the new bios version.

Sorry, I deleted that post. I originally misread your post and thought your were using the flash tool that shows up in a bios line item that some boards have. I've never done that way. I've done it many times the way you did it through Windows and I have often used the DOS tool as well.

Back