• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challenge 2011: Changes to Rules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Do we participate in Chimp Challenge 2011?

• Yes! Chimps at the ready.

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No! Fling poo at them!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Wait, what about we suggest an alternative ....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can get 2 GPUs part time and one (HTPC) most of the time. Sadly my most powerful folding device is my HTPC:( There again my HTPC is a Phreak of nurture:)

Doing some test runs on team 32 now.

Last edited:
Hey SilverJeep.

If you want to start folding and get to grips with it before the contest starts, I'd recommend starting a new thread and posting up what hardware you have. Essentially it's a scientific project where your machine uses idle CPU time to simulate protein folding (run by a group at Stanford: http://folding.stanford.edu). They track how many units everyone has done, just to add a bit of fun and competition to it :).

When the contest starts, we all switch over to the same username (one per team) and see who can knock out the most units in a given timeframe). There's at least a month to go yet, so plenty of time to get set up :cool:.

Here's an easy way to remember:

5th of May equals Cinco de Mayo...and for a lot of folks Cinco de Mayo means:

hoa671a.jpg

:soda:

Back