• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Chimp Challenge 2011: Changes to Rules

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Do we participate in Chimp Challenge 2011?

• Yes! Chimps at the ready.

Votes: 13 81.3%
  • No! Fling poo at them!

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Wait, what about we suggest an alternative ....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

David

Forums Super Moderator
Dear All,

Discussion is currently underway on how Chimp Challenge 2011 will look.

At the moment, a separate target for each team is being proposed, based on a baseline from our PPD during (probably) November/December/January.

Is this something we're OK with? It will level the playing field considerably, which is a good thing in my opinion.

NB: If you suggest an alternative, make it a very very simple one. There's no room for really complex maths, really.

My opinion, after the way it shook out last year, is "meh". I'll switch over my clients if we field a team, but I won't be as excited about it as I was last year. Different point goals for different teams may make it more even, but I don't see it making it more exciting.

Dear All,

Discussion is currently underway on how Chimp Challenge 2011 will look.

At the moment, a separate target for each team is being proposed, based on a baseline from our PPD during (probably) November/December/January.

Is this something we're OK with? It will level the playing field considerably, which is a good thing in my opinion.

If the details pan out to be feasible, and the other teams buy-in, then yea- let's do this.

I fall more into the BAH, HUMBUG, PITA category, but will participate in the silliness anyway.

HA! EVGA has been hitting 20 million PPD... Their goal line is going to be set so far out that we will easily crush them due to us being able to mobilize much more quickly.

If you guys need some help for a few days LMK I can pump some PPD your way.

The chimp challange caught my eye:)

I'll be there, only 10k ppd, but I'll put my trudge into the top100 on hold for now

Also, Go me, I see I've just passed 4mil..
Congrats on the 4 Mill.:beer:

I fall more into the BAH, HUMBUG, PITA category, but will participate in the silliness anyway.
That's the "Spirit"...You old codger(I guess no one told you there is free beer?:p)

If you guys need some help for a few days LMK I can pump some PPD your way.

The chimp challenge caught my eye:)
Yes and Thank You for your support!:grouphug:

I can help. Should be able to spare for a few weeks, GTX 470, 9600GS, PII [email protected], [email protected], and a new 2500K at around 4.5-4.8ish (i hope ) Also add in my work machine a I5 650. (Don't worry I work in IT and its my personal work machine)

What account will we fold under?

Last edited:
It will be the same as last year, T32Monkeys.

I'll be distributing the username/passkey info in due course.

Back